Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tattoo Taboo

Nudony:
DipperDave:

Thanks for responding!

Ian Gilligan is a professor of prehistory at the University of Sydney. He noted that bone needles and awls were employed about 40,000 years ago but were not used for another 20,000 years. Because cloth and leather do not endure like bone and stone, he surmised that this was enough evidence to assume that clothing was unnecessary for a time when the climate warmed, but then resumed when the world cooled again.

I realize that all this happened before our time, but we see fashions changing today. An internet blog, "thebiblicalnaturist.blogspot.com" asked the question February 8, 2014, "Why do we wear neckties?"

I think that tattoos are related. We realize that neither a tattoo nor a necktie will protect us, but either will identify us. We can identify many religions by the fashions that their adherents wear.

A tattoo is a sign of something that we could wear with or without clothing.

Re: Tattoo Taboo

The total lack of tattoos on my body is my statement.
It is a form of visual silence, but not an awkward silence.