Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Revealing online where you practice nudism

I was recently presented with a bit of a quandary: someone asked me where I practice nudism...and I admit I have some reticence sharing that information for reasons specific to that location.

I get that sometimes people want to know where you go because it sounds like a good place to potentially visit. I'm pretty open about going to LOTW; because I think it's a great resort for an "all nude" experience, and I'm doing my bit to promote them. I've also been asked "when" I go there, with the intention of meeting me there. That's a bit "trickier" to me. And the main reason is my wife.
Sure, the "requester's" intentions may be perfectly honorable. I have myself requested to meet personally online nudists with whom I'd developed an enduring rapport. And subsequently met them at a designated resort. I became great friends with one couple in particular.
My wife knows of my online nudist activities; but I think she'd be quite taken aback by someone casually walking up to me at the resort, and exclaiming: "Nudony?! Nudony it's you! So glad to finally meet you! I've read so much about your wife; great to see her too!!" I'd then have to explain to my wife how much I've shared about her online; and it could be a heated conversation, even though I haven't said anything that she hasn't shared herself (with friends). It's just a situation I'd prefer to avoid.

Some might say the odds of this happening are slim. Yet; it has happened to me. Years ago I was at Cedar Creek (with my ex), and an individual sat besides me, smiling, and said "Glad to meet you Nudony. It's me, SCPilot!" I had no idea how he managed to find himself at the very same resort I'd visited just once. It was probably either an odd coincidence, or a mutual friend had informed him I'd be there (we all belonged to the "now defunct" same forum). He was very cordial and respectful; but had he not been, it could have ended up making my wife very uncomfortable.

I think the venue itself can make a difference. For example BB is mum about which nude beach she attends; but the odds of finding her, without any visual clues, on a crowded nude beach are slim to none. My wife and I would also be hard to track down at the resort, especially considering we go there frequently but pretty randomly. A non-landed club/house would be a lot less difficult since events are often scheduled ahead of time and "catching" someone would simply be a matter of following a calendar.

Re: Revealing online where you practice nudism

Nudony,

I can relate to your “reticence” in sharing where and especially when you practice social nudism. My wife and I do enjoy occasional social nudism outings. While we have met some very friendly people in our visits to clothing optional venues, we are a bit more skeptical of those we meet online.

On the flip side of this topic, I have never asked anyone at a nudist resort or camp whether they post on nudists websites. I’m not sure why…

Good point; and same here.

I guess it might be that talking about nudism online might seem irrelevant when you're in a "real-life" nudist setting?

I definitely agree with that line of thinking.

On the other hand, it may be a way to keep in touch when not able to visit the real life locations. Maybe I'll ask someone in the future? :thinking_face: