Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recommend Clothing Optional Vacation destinations in the US

Hi all!

Fist of all I can’t thank all of you enough for the great post and conversations that take place here. I have been following for a while.

For the past 5 years my wife and I have been able to find secluded air bnb’s or vacation rentals that have allowed enough privacy for me, occasionally us, to enjoy some nude time together. I would like for us to vacation to a very low occupancy clothing optional resort. That way she could “ease into it.” I was seriously considering Paya Bay Resort in Roatan, as it is a small boutique resort. COVID however makes travel difficult. Is there a state side resort that any of you would recommend? Something that is fitting for the reluctant spouse, who may choose to remain clothed when others are around?

Thank you all for your openness. I have enjoyed having your suggestions, thoughts, and guidance to help my wife and I.

Re: Recommend Clothing Optional Vacation destinations in the US

Oak Lake Trails in Oklahoma is clothing optional, except in the pool and hot tub of course. Weekends are busy in the summer, but there usually aren't many people there during the week. It's getting too cool now, but you might give it a try next spring when things warm up again.

https://www.oaklaketrails.com/

Hi Southern Man!

I assume you are familiar with AANR's web site? They have a tool for finding a place close to your home. https://www.aanr.com/

There are a few unfortunate exceptions, but generally the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) strives to be a network of family-friendly venues, both non-landed clubs (also known as travel clubs) and clubs with a fixed location.

It makes sense to find a campground or "resort" that are no more than a few hours drive from your home so you can become a part of their community rather than being another one of those "once-a-year" strangers who pop in on a summer day and disappear until a year or two later.

To my reckoning, regular visits are important to increase your comfort with nudity in general and more specifically with the community where you find a sense of belonging.

As for finding a gentle path to social nudity, you mentioned the strategy of going to a place where attendance is low. One way to achieve that is to visit any camp or resort on week days when fewer people are there, but I don't know that this is really necessary to have a quiet, supportive experience. That's more a function of where you sit and the activities you choose.

I find a path to participation through sand court volleyball; it puts me among a small group of fellow players in a setting where getting acquainted is easier than in the larger gathering splashing in the pool. But you might prefer to sit by the pool and strike up a conversation with the person next to you. That works for me as well. Sometimes the management cranks up some loud music and the atmosphere may become too boisterous and festive for a nervous newcomer. If you are camping or staying in a rented cabin, that could be a time to withdraw from the hub of activity and visit with your neighbors back among the tents.

Our camp has a nature trail and it is fun to explore the woods with other newcomers and regulars.

All this to suggest how you can make a visit work for you without having to avoid weekends or the busier resorts. Just shift to where you feel comfortable, I'd say.

We are getting into chilly weather in many parts of the US, but some resorts and campgrounds enclose their pool areas or offer hot tubs. And it's still summer in south Florida!

I have been away from this board for a LOOOOONNNNGGGGGGG time (hey Ramblinman!) but saw this post and wanted to help. Jeff and Judy Bowman operated the European Style "Living Waters Spa" for over fifteen years and were instrumental in introducing clothing free lifestyle to hundreds of reluctant spouses. They are very understanding and encouraging, and can be as helpful or as unobtrusive as you wish. While they have retired and sold LWS, they do have a Air B&B in the same area, that is clothing optional. I highly recommend contacting them and looking into their new location:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/43567948?source_impression_id=p3_1626886394_XKB8DWK4CtXCliMg&guests=1&adults=1

Hope that helps.

Nytehawk