Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reddit post mentioning SunnyDay

I saw this posted on Reddit; and since it directly mentions SunnyDay, I thought it was totally appropriate to repost it here. It's from a non-nudist (although she has been to a nude beach with her husband - privately) who doesn't "get" social nudity at all:

"I’ve read a lot online from peoples stories and opinions about becoming nudists and converting their friends or spouse and the whole thing really creeps me out. It feels like everyone that is a nudist is trying to convert everyone else so that they don’t feel guilty doing it alone. I was reading a bunch of stories from a website by a girl named Sunny Day who writes about how she got her friend (who’s a guy) into it and they would plan nude hikes together even though they weren’t boyfriend and girlfriend and claim there was nothing sexual about it. But then her story gets complicated when she gets a boyfriend and has to explain why she secretly hikes nude with another guy. Then she converts her boyfriend to become a nudist and the friends get together and do stuff in the nude. It’s just really strange to me and seems like a recipe for disaster for anyone in a committed relationship."

Her perception is that we're all out to "get everyone naked" or "hang out naked with naked strangers." There were some very good responses on the thread; some better than anything I would have said.
In most cases, it is really about sharing something we find to be meaningful (liberating, authentic, fun, etc...). The "recipe for disaster" comment implies that she believes that non-partners being naked around each other will give rise to physical attraction and veer into sexual expression.

I won't "preach to the choir" as most of us here understand social nudism. Her "hang-up" is actually a common one; and I've heard it many times from non-nudists - even my wife when I first brought up social nudity. It's just "funny" that she mentioned this website.

Re: Reddit post mentioning SunnyDay

Mixed gender skinnydipping was definitely viewed as a 'recipe for disaster' in my Christian young adults circle of late teens / early twenties. This was despite fairly open attitudes to non-mixed nudity: I knew our pastor was a fan of sleeping without pyjamas; a few of my female friends would swim nude together in private; I would swim nude (and explore the outdoors) when alone and in private; but this would've been very, very frowned on if the group had ever been mixed.

Undoubtedly we would've all been completely and uncontrollably consumed by lust and had an orgy on the spot, rather than learning a thing or two about one another's bodies, satisfying our curiosity, letting the novelty wear off and coming away as deeper friends with greater trust and respect for each other.

I guess the moment's passed and we'll never know now ;)

Re: Reddit post mentioning SunnyDay

Hi, Group:
Everything is relative in its own way. I was raised a Methodist but Lutheran friends and Baptist relatives offer to "pray for me" hoping to help me. Linda's side includes a Mormon family who frown on our libertarian attitude.
Nudity is pretty much in the same situation, isn't it? There are nudists and there are social nudists, and we can honor each other's decisions or we can scorn any deviation that we want to.
Some people will not agree with with your lifestyle. You don't need to sweep it under the rug, but you might have to keep it under your hat, and not flaunt it, but don't disown anybody just because they have difficulty seeing.