Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Suggestions

Hi All.
Disclaimer: I’m not looking for anyone to reveal where they go personally.

Can anyone suggest a safe, clean, reputable, and very well established camp in the Alabama, Georgia or Florida area? I would like to take a few day trips and maybe find somewhere to join.

Re: Suggestions

Cypress Cove in the Orlando area is the best in that area of the states you have asked about. This being my view.

Nashoba,

Start by going to https://www.aanr.com/places-to-go/aanr-clubs

AANR is an organization that discourages membership from the sex clubs masquerading as nudist and insists on a certain standard of behavior for its member organizations.

That said, not every AANR club (American Association for Nude Recreation) is right for every person.

One of the clubs does not allow guys to visit without a wife or committed female partner. Other clubs welcome single guys and some even allow married guys who have a wife who refuses to attend with him.

There are a couple of clubs for gay guys and that would be a no-go for large numbers of evangelical Christians.

Some clubs are more family-friendly by day and may have more of an adult-oriented drinking atmosphere at nighttime events.

There is no stigma to leaving a place as soon as you feel uncomfortable.
I once got invited to a party on the deck of a camper and as people started drinking more and more, It became obvious to me that I was in the wrong place. I thanked the host and said that I needed to head back to my camp site. No need to explain nor apologize.

It will help you tremendously with first-time visits to a campground or resort if you are already a member of AANR or the Naturist Society, address: https://naturistsociety.com/about-tns/ , but a lot of the regulars where I go are not members of these national organizations. They get in as friends of members, relatives, neighbors, etc.

Some resorts are very friendly and some may leave you feeling a bit lonesome. That is a very personal decision and none of us can tell you in advance the impression a place will leave you with once you arrive.

Resorts and campgrounds change from year to year as different managers take over, so you may get word that a place that used to have a bad reputation has changed for the better and conversely, a place may go "down hill".
But I hope that these very general guidelines will serve you well.

Thank you. That’s some solid advice. I’ve been doing a lot of research, but I’ve kinda got bogged down in the details. I’m familiar with the aanr through my research, and have looked over the sites on their list. I hope to take the plunge soon and become a part of the community I’ve spent a lifetime looking to enjoy.

Hi Nashoba:
I have only visited Cypress Cove in the area in which you are interested. I stayed a few nights in one of the hotel units, and also day-visited from a timeshare some distance away. As a first-time visitor to such a resort, I felt safe, comfortable, and well-accepted (I am a 79-year-old male, travelling solo); you can see more of mine in Sunny's 'Friends Writings'. Give it a try, and write us about your experience.

Thanks CM. Cypress Cove is pretty high on the list of potential places to visit. And when I do go, I’ll share my experiences.

Nashoba,

I too like Cypress Cove and similar resorts, but a travel club may put you on the fast track toward friendships more so than visiting a resort by oneself.

If you visit Cypress Cove, while in that area, you may want to wander out to Blind Creek Beach, which is the domain of Treasure Coast Naturists. Coordinate with them for a beach visit if you like! It's fairly new.
https://www.treasurecoastnaturists.org/