General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
World squash awards

Framboise comments that ''nobody, nobody will ever beat that [Jahangir's unbeaten run]. In any sport. EVER.''

I'd just like to point out that Heather Mckay did - 17 years without losing.

Re: World squash awards

Ramy Ashour not winning the world junior player of the year is a joke! He is world junior champion at 16 (the youngest ever) and gone from 301 to 66 in PSA world rankings after just 5 tournements. James has done well but nowhere near as good as Ramy.

Re: Re: World squash awards

Yes quite Heather was unbeaten for the longest period, but her reign happened when women's squash was no where near as competitive as when Jahangir competed. (I was fortunate to have seen the great man in action several times when he was at the height of his dominance).

I would say we may never see his sort of total dominance again.

Consider the facts, he won over 500 matches over a 5 and 1/2 year reign which probably worked out to a greater number of games than Heather actually played over her 17 years, there wasn't the competitions available to particpate in.

Though Heather was a great player we'll never know how she may have fared against Susan Devoy who probably was even better and played when women's squash was on the rise throughout the 80's.

Re: Re: Re: World squash awards

yeah, ramy deserved it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: World squash awards

Surprised Jenny Duncalf was not nominated for young player award.
She is just 22 and no.9 in the world.

All views expressed on this Forum are those of the contributor and are not endorsed in any way by Squash Site. Squash Site reserves the right to preserve the integrity of the site by removing any anonymous or inappropriate messages. If a visitor feels any message is inappropriate please contact SquashSite