General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Adidas Stabil Squash Shoes Problem

I love the stabils, they are the best squash shoes I've had in over 20 years. However a couple of points. Firstly you need a slightly bigger size in adidas in general. Secondly the stabil 5 was slightly smaller and slightly less wide than the stabil 4. I had to go from a UK 11.5 stabil 4 to a UK 12 stabil 5. The stabil 5 was also stiffer than the 4 and I thought I wasn't going to like it - however they do soften noticeably after maybe 20 wearings. The 4's were immediately likeable but lost all support after 18 months. The 5's were initially stiff but always give good support.

Re: Adidas Stabil Squash Shoes Problem

I liked the Stabil 4 and so when they (adidas) brought out the 5 i went and bought a pair. I took them back to the shop after a weekend where i used them twice. They were uncomfortable both around the heel and I can well beleive that they hurt your toes. Mine were sore if I remember rightly but mainly they hurt my heel.
Gimme Reebok anyday clothing and shoes!
It's good that someone has said something about this because I thought it was just a bum pair or me being fussy. Hope Adidas get it sorted though!

Re: Re: Adidas Stabil Squash Shoes Problem

Got a pair of stabil 5 a few weeks ago. Wore them straight away and they are the best shoes I have had out of the box. Comfortable straight away. I had hi-tec vipers before (OK, but quite a lot of blisters on sole of feet) and Prince NFS 3 before that (Blisters on top of big toe and wore out really quickly). I have small narrow feet and adidas shoes are always the best fit for me.

Re: Re: Re: Adidas Stabil Squash Shoes Problem

I like the stabils and have noticed that they suit people with wider feet. If there's anything wrong with them it's the flimsy insoles.

All views expressed on this Forum are those of the contributor and are not endorsed in any way by Squash Site. Squash Site reserves the right to preserve the integrity of the site by removing any anonymous or inappropriate messages. If a visitor feels any message is inappropriate please contact SquashSite