General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Irish Open and Pakistani players

My comment did not show paranoia, just realism and an objective understanding that the few people in embassies are not going to carry out checks on hundreds or thousands of applications easily. Farang wrote "PSA I think is a toothless and spineless entity. This has happened in the past too and the fact that it keeps on happening indicates that someone in PSA is not doing their job well." My comment said "Get Real" and I mean it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Irish Open and Pakistani players

So is the way of the world, Farang. All it takes is a minute percentage of nutjobs to blow up a few people and the world changes. I am not for one minute suggesting that any Pakistani PSA player is a terrorist, but your reasoning that PSA players should automatically get visas simply because they are squash players is also ludicrous. Terrorists come in all shapes and sizes, from all types of businesses and families. Why should a PSA player be treated any different through the screening process than anyone else?

It is sad that some players are denied visas, but surely the visas were denied for some other reason than simply because they are Pakistani? Maybe there is a quota? Who knows - you don't, so you can't go about throwing crazy accusations. No one said it's fair, but since when is anything in life fair?

Re: Irish Open and Pakistani players

farang if you knew how much Pakistani squash players make you would understand why the irish are hesitant to give them visas. if i were a Pakistani pro ranked below 50, i would do much better for myself working illegally in Ireland in a convenience store rather than playing the PSA tour.

Re: Re: Irish Open and Pakistani players

I think you are talking out of your arse.
You apparently are not aware of all that goes on in Pakistan with regards to squash.

All views expressed on this Forum are those of the contributor and are not endorsed in any way by Squash Site. Squash Site reserves the right to preserve the integrity of the site by removing any anonymous or inappropriate messages. If a visitor feels any message is inappropriate please contact SquashSite