General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: texas open

It's quite easy really. Don't think "Men's", think "Open".

So-called men's events are actually open to anyone that's good enough to compete (men, usually).

Then you have 'restricted' events, which limit who can enter. Juniors only, women only, etc ...

Re: Re: texas open

squasher, I can see what you are saying, and it isn't a sexist attitude. It is just a hypothetical situation and i can see where you are coming from!

Re: Re: Re: texas open

By squasher's logic, men should be able to enter boys events and women enter girls events. After all, he would reason, boys are allowed to enter men's events!

If he didn't hate women so much, squasher would see it the way the rest of the world does, that allowing juniors to enter an open (men's) tournament eventually raises overall junior ability levels, and gives the men just as good competition, if the juniors progress in an event. So it's no skin off the men's backs and it opens up the event to be more inclusive of more people, not just restricted to males over the age of 21. Likewise, if a woman enters an open event, overall it brings up the level of women's play and if they progress in an event, provides good competition. what woman pro is going to play no-prize money tournament just to beat a bunch of guys like squasher. except for the fun of it...

No, it's completely logical to stop a man from playing in a boys event because there is an AGE restriction NOT a sex restriction.

boys grow up to be men, they are male, hence they're allowed to enter a MALE open, not a FEMALE one. But wait a second... a female can enter a male event.

I'm merely pointing out that this is totally illogical, and would be regarded as sexist in any other environment - e.g. women being allowed to be lawyers and men not being allowed to be hairdressers (seeing as though it can probabaly be proven that men make better lawyers and women better hairdressers). Of course this doesn't happen because it would be sexist.

you're struggling mate, I think you're the only one that see's it that way which would make you WRONG!

So minorities are wrong are they 'vinnie'? That's a great progressive attitude isn't it! Are you a member of the BNP??

Go away Squasher!

Look at the end of the day, women can enter a mens tournament if they want to. Men can't. Not sexist. Can we talk about something else now please??!!

All views expressed on this Forum are those of the contributor and are not endorsed in any way by Squash Site. Squash Site reserves the right to preserve the integrity of the site by removing any anonymous or inappropriate messages. If a visitor feels any message is inappropriate please contact SquashSite