Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: texas open

me too! although i am pretty good.

Re: Re: texas open

bunch of idiots!!!!

Re: Re: Re: texas open

Good for you!!! Wear a dress and go and play WISPA!!!

Funny you should say that... the women are allowed to play in mens events, but guess what!!!! not vice versa! why?

surely you're not that stupid.

Go on then, enlighten me... why can women enter mens events but not vice versa?

you are that stupid

And so must you be if you can't give me an answer. Is it not sexist to allow women to enter a mens event but not the other way round?

Hypothetical situation.... a junior county closed mens U19 event - the men are c**p in this county, but there is one girl who is amazing (lets say Nicol David standard-ish). She is allowed to enter the mens event and wallops everyone, the poor guy who thought he could finish second loses in the semis and gets no runners up trophy. However, he would not be allowed to enter the womens event because he is a guy (even though he would lose in the final).

I can't see the stupidity of not understanding why this hypothetical character should not be allowed to enter the wommens event.

I don't think any guy would deprave himself that far by asking to be allowed to compete in a women's event. If he does then he is not only a crap player, but also someone who I would prefer not to hang out with. Anyway, your argument doesn't prove any point as far as to women's squash being better than men's (which it is clearly not).
This debate is a pile of crap and should end with my words of wisdom.

I agree, and the debate left the realms of womens squash being better than mens ages ago. Of course no guy WOULD enter a womens event but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed.

Men a physically stronger than women and if you know anything about squash that gives us a huge advantage. Vinnie was right you are a little on the stupid side.

oh my god you f***ing m**ons! Can you not see that it is sexist to allow a woman to play in a mens event and not vice versa? not ALL men are stronger than ALL women and this must rule out any objective catergorisation involoving male superiority.

Sarah Fitzgerald is allowed to enter any mens open event - let's say that it's a tiny one, a sports-center open, where the only entrants are the local club players. Sarah would wallop everyone. However, if one of the local men wanted to enter a womens open - e.g. the national championships, he would not be allowed - even though he'd lose in qualifying to someone like lauren sidall.

If it's a men's event it should be ONLY men; as soon as women are allowed to enter it becomes totally illogical to deny a male entry into a female tournament.

Does anyone understand this point of view?

Whats the matter Squasher? Got a new skirt that you're just dieing to wear at the next ladies event.
Ahhhh.....it's ok. Just admit that you are gay!
There's nothing wrong with that, but please try to suppress your obvious dislike for women. The rest of us guys would like to continue enjoying their company.

Bi for now twinkle toes!!

It's quite easy really. Don't think "Men's", think "Open".

So-called men's events are actually open to anyone that's good enough to compete (men, usually).

Then you have 'restricted' events, which limit who can enter. Juniors only, women only, etc ...

squasher, I can see what you are saying, and it isn't a sexist attitude. It is just a hypothetical situation and i can see where you are coming from!

Re: Re: Re: texas open

By squasher's logic, men should be able to enter boys events and women enter girls events. After all, he would reason, boys are allowed to enter men's events!

If he didn't hate women so much, squasher would see it the way the rest of the world does, that allowing juniors to enter an open (men's) tournament eventually raises overall junior ability levels, and gives the men just as good competition, if the juniors progress in an event. So it's no skin off the men's backs and it opens up the event to be more inclusive of more people, not just restricted to males over the age of 21. Likewise, if a woman enters an open event, overall it brings up the level of women's play and if they progress in an event, provides good competition. what woman pro is going to play no-prize money tournament just to beat a bunch of guys like squasher. except for the fun of it...

No, it's completely logical to stop a man from playing in a boys event because there is an AGE restriction NOT a sex restriction.

boys grow up to be men, they are male, hence they're allowed to enter a MALE open, not a FEMALE one. But wait a second... a female can enter a male event.

I'm merely pointing out that this is totally illogical, and would be regarded as sexist in any other environment - e.g. women being allowed to be lawyers and men not being allowed to be hairdressers (seeing as though it can probabaly be proven that men make better lawyers and women better hairdressers). Of course this doesn't happen because it would be sexist.

you're struggling mate, I think you're the only one that see's it that way which would make you WRONG!

So minorities are wrong are they 'vinnie'? That's a great progressive attitude isn't it! Are you a member of the BNP??

Go away Squasher!

Look at the end of the day, women can enter a mens tournament if they want to. Men can't. Not sexist. Can we talk about something else now please??!!

All views expressed on this Forum are those of the contributor and are not endorsed in any way by Squash Site. Squash Site reserves the right to preserve the integrity of the site by removing any anonymous or inappropriate messages. If a visitor feels any message is inappropriate please contact SquashSite