General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squash Ranking system.

Can someone please explain how the ranking points are calculated.
I was looking at the draw for the Bermuda Open and noticed a few anomalies. Currently Ricketts is ranked 6th in the world, Power is 7th, Shabana is ranked 5th, Matthew is ranked 8th, Willstrop 9th but in the Bermuda Open Ricketts is ranked 11th, Shabana 10th, Power is seeded 6th and Willstrop seeded 5th. The draw was made based on the February seeding. Should not the draw been made on the March seedings when the tournament is going to held in April.
Besides I think PSA should release the ranking every week. That way you would get a true reflection of the current form of the players. I think it is done in tennis that way also. If not every week then atleast every two week.
Plus players should be rewarded with more points for beating higher seeds. I think it would be prudent to follow the tennis ranking system.

Re: Squash Ranking system.

you do get more points because you advance in the tournament further than you are supposed to therefore you would be bettering your average. This is the same way tennis works.

Re: Squash Ranking system.

The seedings for the PSA Masters (Bermuda) are based on the rankings at the end of the preceding year (ie Dec 2004).

All views expressed on this Forum are those of the contributor and are not endorsed in any way by Squash Site. Squash Site reserves the right to preserve the integrity of the site by removing any anonymous or inappropriate messages. If a visitor feels any message is inappropriate please contact SquashSite