General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Best squash ?

I second that. I think Jansher is the best squash player of all time. And yes the squash these days is all about power and less about finesse. But I have to say that Peter Nicol would be able to hold his own against some of the greats of the past. David Palmer plays a very physical game where he blocks a lot.

And Tammer if you got offended by my earlier comment about the Kuwait Open and sheikhs I am sorry. I did not mean it that way. I was just stating the fact that it is a stupid idea to have an open air venue, ir-respective of the fact that it has worked in the past or that it rarely rains in that part of the world. If you want to have an open air venue then atleast build a retractable roof on top of it so that when it rains or there is a chance of rain it can be closed. The promoters of tournaments in the Mid East have a lot of financial resources that can be used to build venues like that. The players already travel a lot and all of them adhere to a routine and many are very particular about it, any deviation from it can make them uncomfortable. There are lots of points at stake and that results in changes in the seeding and since the competition is so tight between the top 10 players in men and women that any little thing can throw them off. So that extra element should not be a factor. Just my 2 cents.

All views expressed on this Forum are those of the contributor and are not endorsed in any way by Squash Site. Squash Site reserves the right to preserve the integrity of the site by removing any anonymous or inappropriate messages. If a visitor feels any message is inappropriate please contact SquashSite