General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shabana - Is it better to be Mr. Nice Guy?

I definitely think it was good sportsmanship, Shabana would have known if it was down and it is refreshing to see. Good on him.

Re: Re: Shabana - Is it better to be Mr. Nice Guy?

Okay. So my argument then, is if Shabana knew the ball was down, why didn't he own up to that straight away? He waited for Ricketts to argue, and probably would have taken the point if he had realised the crowd was booing Ricketts and not him...

Re: Shabana - Is it better to be Mr. Nice Guy?

the unwritten rule of squash is "if you doubt your own get, call it not-up". i am sure the pros know who all follows this rule so they abide accordingly.

Re: Re: Shabana - Is it better to be Mr. Nice Guy?

as Framboise elegantly explains, sometimes u wait for the refree to give the call when its too close to call....So shabana could have had some doubt in his mind, but when the crowd got involved thought otherwise.

All views expressed on this Forum are those of the contributor and are not endorsed in any way by Squash Site. Squash Site reserves the right to preserve the integrity of the site by removing any anonymous or inappropriate messages. If a visitor feels any message is inappropriate please contact SquashSite