General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nationals Finals Day.

I just want to acknowledge my personal feelings about the fantastic day of squash seen at the National Squash Centre yesterday. Admittedly there has been great squash there all week, but Finals Day was just outstanding. Obviously is was not possible to see al the matches taking place, but in every match I caught a glimpse of there was some fabulous squash being played. One match in particular I would like to mention is the Ladies Over 40 Final, it was a pleasure to watch two superb athletes playing this great game, and my congratulations to the winner Mandy Akin from Kent. Speaking to the lady after her match it was obvious how much winning this title meant to her, and what a lovely pleasant lady she is. Well done Mandy, and hope to see you again next year.
On to the two main Finals - congratulations to Linda and Lee! Great squash in both matches, I was so pleased for Linda personally because after watching her over the last three years she really did deserve to come out on top at last!! What impressed me so much in both these games was the sporting manner in which all 4 contestants played the game - no dissent shown to the referees, no pushing and shoving each other or running into opponents on purpose, it really was a pleasure to watch. And well done Allison and James, although losing out this time it is very obvious that the time will come for both of you, you are both yet only youngsters in this game and you can only get better. Well done to everybody who took part all week!

Re: Nationals Finals Day.

But what were those screens doing there - The lack of useful information on them was amazing especially when you compared them to the screens that they had at the British which gave you so much useful information about the players that you were watching.

All views expressed on this Forum are those of the contributor and are not endorsed in any way by Squash Site. Squash Site reserves the right to preserve the integrity of the site by removing any anonymous or inappropriate messages. If a visitor feels any message is inappropriate please contact SquashSite