General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jesters

I agree with the idea of a womens amateur in conjunction with the mens in the same club on the same weekend - could only be healthy for all.
However the rest of it is a bit unfair.
The reason only 'octogenerians' are present is circumstantial. By this I presume you mean of retirement age. It's a Monday night. First day of week. Central London. Work in the morning. Kids to swimming class. Weekly Shopping. People have other things to do than go watch a lame final between two 'ahem' self proclaimed amatuers (who get paid).

Run it off on the sunday all day and you'd have a right crowd down at the finals - fair point about the womens though i'd be all over that. literally.

Re: Re: Jesters

In relation to the comments about the Jesters and octogenerians, I feel that the comments made were nothing more then a blatent attempt to down-trodden the beauty that is the jesters. Guys that would normally go for the juguler at the thought of a double bounce, reduced to gentlemen by the pure majestic qualities and atmosphere of the touranament. To suggest changing this would end it, ever hear the saying "if it works don't fix it. It's worked for 25 years run by one of the true gentlemen of the game CHALKIE. Think of this, Women are timed with a 3rd party what are they one to one???????

Re: Re: Re: Jesters

agreed.
these are the rantings of a man who has never rolled one out of the nick.
tick tock up and down the wall. dullard.

Re: Jesters

Maybe Jesters in its current format has run its course and belongs in the past; it needs to be built upon to incorporate women and a bigger catchment area. I don't think this would detract from the atmosphere at all, it would merely heighten it. It has the potential to become very big for the amateur I feel, if only it could expand and appeal to a younger,wider audience (as i said in my original post).

Re: Re: Jesters

Yes but the question is it an amature tournament in your opinion??????

All views expressed on this Forum are those of the contributor and are not endorsed in any way by Squash Site. Squash Site reserves the right to preserve the integrity of the site by removing any anonymous or inappropriate messages. If a visitor feels any message is inappropriate please contact SquashSite