General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tips for mental strength

They say squash is physical chess. Well nothing could be more truer. I was out with a knee injury for a year and now that i'm back into it, my confidence is shattered. I'm always scared that i'm going to damage my ligaments again and therefore am over compensating on the other leg. Secondly, i just can't seem into hang in there any more when it comes to those tough games....guys who i was competitive with are now killing me.

Any suggestions on mental training, i'm getting desperate and more and more disconcerted by the day.

Re: tips for mental strength

Having had a ACL done myself I can empathise fully.
Do all your rehab as speced by a Physio. Dont be impatient with your progress, it will all fall into place. You are incharge of yourself, monitor all sessions by feel, any unusual pain or weakness , see you massage or physio person. Go to David Palmers Website or read Joe Shaws articles on this site and read the section on Affirmations to reprogram yourself and restore any hesitations to your game. Set goals and use the affirmations to help you attain them. All these are small steps, be happy you are playing the greatest game, the longest journey is commenced with the first step
All the best
David Mennie

All views expressed on this Forum are those of the contributor and are not endorsed in any way by Squash Site. Squash Site reserves the right to preserve the integrity of the site by removing any anonymous or inappropriate messages. If a visitor feels any message is inappropriate please contact SquashSite