Return to Website

Liverpool Retired Merchant Seafarers

Welcome to the Liverpool Retired Merchant Seafarers new Message Board. Please feel free 
to post messages on topics related to the Port of Liverpool and the Maritime Community. 
The Liverpool Retired Merchant Seafarers use this web site and forum as their means of 
sending and receiving news of events and platform for research. The LRMS meet every 
Thursday afternoon in the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool . It is a great venue for mess 
room talk and swinging the lamp.  Gerry Myles ( Secretary & Treasurer)  

Pay us a visit... you may meet old ship mates.

Unfortunately, due to heavy SPAM, we have been obliged to LOCK this forum.
If you wish to post a message, send email to internetaction@yahoo.com and we will post it for you.

Liverpool Retired Merchant Seafarers
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
discharge book with the first letter Y and not R dating back to 1913

i have in my posession an old seamans discharge book he is my cousins grandad he came from kendrick st in seaforth a mr f pruden his discharge book number begins with the letter Y and not R as most seaman and ex seaman living ? the discharges go back to 1913 from liverpool ......i have scans available for anyone interested just email me i am sure someone out there can explain the letter y also have scans of his nus contributions book and other items.....as an ex liverpool seaman myself i am bewilderd by this discharge book and would love to find out more about it help plz all you old salts someone must no te answer regards terry..

Re: discharge book with the first letter Y and not R dating back to 1913

Hello Terry,

I'm sure that Gerry Myles, the host of this resource,
will be posting a message for you here soon.

In the meantime, you may view his late father's discharge book, by copying and pasting the following URL into your browser's location box:

http://www.angelfire.com/home/hmsfiji/Dads_discharge_book.jpg

Regards,

Tom
LRMS Web Admin
===============

Re: Re: discharge book with the first letter Y and not R dating back to 1913

gerry plz let me know if you have recieved the scans seem to be having probs with your email adresses if you havnt you email me at yahoo through your yahoo ill return post could be because there is a lot of info here for you or maybe case sensitive rgards terry..

Re: Re: discharge book with the first letter Y and not R dating back to 1913

hi tom and thank you for that i have had contact with gerry and he may just have solved the mystery we will see ????/ ill keep you informed cheers tom regards terry.