Caretakers Network

Welcome to our forum. 

Feel free to post information about your farm or community

Caretakers Network
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Billions of Bridges" project: a collaborative response to the challenges of our times

Hi,
I congratulate you on your efforts. I am sure you have heard or read Bill Moyers' recent lecture on the importance of understanding and bringing faith into focus.

I have difficulties however, when people talk about interfaith and such. I once spoke to a woman who was new in a town and saw postings for an interfaith event that was held weekly. She was very disappointed to discover during her first (and only)attendence, that the group was comprised of all the different Christian people in the neighborhood joining together in community, they did not in fact acknowledge all the other "faiths" that exist. She said their faces went blank when she spoke up briefly about Bhuddism.

I myself became a member of an intentional community that claimed to honor all religions. As time went by I began to feel judged by the group when not wishing to particiapte in their weekly rituals. This group of religious people did not honor the individual's experience of goddess worship - as it was not a "religion" These "open-minded" people had in fact just put themselves in a slightly larger box, so to speak.

I think if people would have faith in their own devine, bridges could truely be built.

be like the full sun -- I Ching