Caretakers Network

Welcome to our forum. 

Feel free to post information about your farm or community

Caretakers Network
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buy Blue

You may have voted blue... But every day you unknowingly help dump millions of dollars into the conservative war chest. By purchasing products and services from companies that donate heavily to conservatives, we have been defeating our own interests as liberals and progressives.

BuyBlue.org is a concerted effort to lift the veil of corporate patronage so consumers can make informed buying decisions that coincide with their principles.

Re: Buy Blue

Hi-ddy Ho Neighbor,
Here is another good website called Choose the Blue.
www.choosetheblue.com

on their hompepage it saz:
* ChooseTheBlue.com compiles information from third party sources primarily to show certain reported spending by political action committees connected with a corporation* and by that corporation's employees as political contributions, in each case related to recent federal elections.

* If each American who voted "Blue" in 2004 spends $100 in 2005 on products of a corporation that by reason of its employees' or connected political action committees' political contributions supported "Blue" over "Red," $5 billion in revenues would be shifted to "Blue" supporting corporations!

Makes ya think, huh?

Blue blue my world is blue. What's a gal in a red state to do?

buy buy buy.

happy shining blue people here. hello. we got our new caretaking job and now getting to know the shopping in the area. things we need to buy...
gardening books,,, barnes & noble books 100% blue
sheets & salad spinner bed, bath & beyond 97% blue
nuts, bolts, washers, hoses and dodads truevalue hardware 50%
good groceries,,,, whole foods, trader joes' 50%
TrueValue Hardware, Whole Foods and Trader Joes' according to buyblue.org are neutral -- "(What do the ratings mean?)
Rating: White - 50 %

BuyBlue.org's Position:
Whole Foods and Trader Joe's currently has a 50% BuyBlue rating due to lack of political contributions for the 2003-2004 election cycle. While BuyBlue believes that lack of political contributions is a "blue" value as well because it shows a company is in business to do business and not influence the political landscape, we must rate these companies as "white" or "neutral" until we have more data available for other rating areas."

Here is a British version of the 'buy blue' - it is called GOOSHING (god knows what that stands for!)

http://www.gooshing.co.uk/

They base their ratings on ten ethical questions:
Animal Testing
Boycott Calls
Ecological Schemes
Environmental Reporting
Fair Trade
Genetic Modification
Nuclear Power
Politcal Donations
Armaments

Hey there, Onslow!
There are 10 critera? You only listed 9....

Oh, ha. I went and looked it up, I did. Well, that tenth one would be something called: E.C.O Accreditation

and this is what is says: "The GOOSHING ethical ratings system rewards those companies that are members of the scheme as this is tantamount to an independently verified corporate social responsibility ethical health check.

Several Companies (for example The Ecology Building Society, Innocent Drinks and Brother UK) have chosen to join this scheme which involves a full annual corporate audit across a very wide range of ethical criteria by The Ethical Company Organisation - the people behind GOOSHING and The Good Shopping Guide. See www.ethical-company-organisation.org for more details".

Now that clears it up then?

Thought so, O

So I went to choosetheblue.com to do a little research and the webpage has been changed into an insurance website.

Any clues out there as to the where-abouts of the page I am looking for.

Let's hear it for the Blue Team! O boy........

try
http://betrueblue.us