Enigma forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Forum: Enigma forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Effusion, Echo or Esprit

Hi John,

I think the geometries of the Effusion, Echo and Esprit are almost the same, size for size. I also think there are some errors in the figures here and there - Echo size 57 and 59 have the same figure for top tube length for example. You can tweak the seat angle and riding position with seatposts of various setbacks and stems of various rise angles.

I'd base your decision firstly on Jim's advice, secondly on whatever looks best to you.

...and for not much extra money you could go for custom titanium.

...custom triple butted steel Elite is £1055, off the shelf plain gauge ti £999 (not for me, ta), custom Esprit double butted ti £1550 - nice, 50% more expensive than Spirit ("not much more"????), triple butted Ti Excel £1950 ("not much more" - wtf????)

for me, as an Elite owner, Spirit wins on value and ride quality every time until you increase your budget by at least 50%.

Email  

John,

Mark sized up my Effusion with a lower riding style than I was used to riding, however on my request he turned the stem up to raise the bars. Because of the amount of riding that I did on it, it was not long before it I reverted to Mark's recommended position!

My shoulder was also reconstructed this winter and last weekend I completed a 200 mile (day) audax at an average speed of 17.5 mph. At the end of this ride every thing slightly ached including my back, abdomen, neck, arms and legs.

I would be inclined to set up the stem higher as I think you will soon discover that the Enigma frame is more comfortable and with increased fitness you will eventually want to slightly drop the handlebars.

Email  

Quote: LugHugger
...custom triple butted steel Elite is £1055, off the shelf plain gauge ti £999 (not for me, ta), custom Esprit double butted ti £1550 - nice, 50% more expensive than Spirit ("not much more"????), triple butted Ti Excel £1950 ("not much more" - wtf????)

for me, as an Elite owner, Spirit wins on value and ride quality every time until you increase your budget by at least 50%.

For "not much more" money that what you would pay for a standard ti frame for Enigma, it could be a custom ti frame from Enigma.

Hope that's clearer for you.

Thanks for the advice
Had not realised that all 3 had similar geometry
Looks like Esprit
I'm saving

Email  

Hi John,

Did you send me your enquiry? I don't recall receiving it but if you would like my input please email me directly at jim@enigmabikes.com

Jim

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com