Enigma forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Forum: Enigma forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Mudguard forks on a Eulogy

Being pushed for room at present in our rented house I'm down to three bikes. The Eulogy is going to have to do the winter training.
I've got a pair of Alpha Q mudguard forks - if I put these on for the winter is there likely to be clearance between the guards and down tube? Or is it a case of try and see?

Re: Mudguard forks on a Eulogy

Hi Richard,

How about these ?

Thanks for the comment. I've used Cruds and whilst ok, they are not the same as full mudguards on the front. Mind you, the mark 2 versions about to come out look promising.
Since I've got the mudguard forks anyway I thought at least I could get full guards fitted on the front.

Quote: Richard
Since I've got the mudguard forks anyway I thought at least I could get full guards fitted on the front.

Hi Richard

Is there any reason why you didn't go for a Etape instead of the Eulogy if you wanted to fit full length mudguards ?

I had an Etape as well but had to sell it as no room. Difficult choice between the Etape and Eulogy but being a road racer I decided to keep the Eulogy.

Quote: Richard
Difficult choice between the Etape and Eulogy but being a road racer I decided to keep the Eulogy.

Hi Richard,

Was the Etape noticably heavier / less responsive / less stiff / more upright than the Eulogy ?

Hi Richard

Do you have the model name/number for the Alpha Q forks? I'll check the dimensions and let you know how suited they are.

What about our Etape forks?

Best regards

Mark

Thanks Mark, that would be great. The forks I already have which are Alpha CS25touring edition fork.

Scott - the Etape was great also and I was saddened to let it go but figured it would be easier to get another one when we move to the bigger place. The person that bought it off me had test rode a few bikes and chose it over the new Trek Madone, so the Etape is no slouch in the right hands for sure.

Now, if only I had room for that Exocet......

Hi Richard

The CS25 is made for long reach brakes and non integrated headtube and is also longer than the ideal. The eulogy is designed around a 370mm axle to crown race fork, the CS25 is 379mm, using this fork will effectively slacken the head angle and slow handling, so is not ideal.

Best regards

Mark

Mark's reply matches my experience (in reverse). Had a Reynolds Ouzo fork (370mm by 43mm offset) and replaced it with a Columbus Minimal (365mm by 50mm). Head angle rose from 72.5° to 73°; trail dropped from sixty something to fifty something and the handling sharpened up a treat.

If your Alpha Q forks have a longer offset to counteract the drop in head angle, you might just get away with it...

Thanks for the help guys - really appreciated. Maybe just the crud guards then as I love the present set-up with the Look HSC5SL forks and would want the handling to suffer too much.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com