Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Faust the first Sociopath

"they have no sense of the profundity of normative motivation, since they don't have it, [therefor?] they are unafraid and unmindful of calling out their statistical findings about others."

it sounds like you're saying that because sociopaths have never felt deep social emotions they have guiltless interactions. but i actually have no idea what you mean by 'calling out their statistical findings about others.'

As for insight, you don't have to know what an acorn tastes like to know that a squirrel was compelled to eat because it was hungry. Likewise it is not necessary to experience deeply the entire emotional spectrum to recognize what outward projection elicits desirable responses. (desirable responses being used very loosely here, by the way) simple observation will suffice.

Manipulation is not a complex machine. your emotions are the pivot, and all i have to do is lean on the lever to compel you to move.

Having insight is knowing the purpose behind your actions, but not necessarily using that information to modify behavior in any 'good' way. An insightful sociopath just knows what they are doing and are doing it on purpose because they want to.

a non insightful sociopath still knows what they are doing but do it by instinct because they are compelled to. want need not enter in to it.

Maybe the Faustian Bargain could be made externally by an observer watching a sociopath use insight to 'choose' knowledge over soul, but that kind of sentiment is not something a sociopath would internalize.

It's not so much a deal with the devil, as it is deal with a car salesman. kinda banal, but i got a new ride.

Re: Faust the first Sociopath

Why you does thinks MANIPULATION does be important?

I thinks there does be some PEOPLES who does maybe like manipulation and maybe a lot does BE peoples who not cares about PEOPLES much. But I not sees why you tryes to ARGUES something like this. Why nobody even talks about what if sociopaths not really exists?

Be well,
~Lega