Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Should i Follow my HEART or my HEAD?

Hello, i am lebanease girl, i am 21 years old, i am in love with a person that my parents won't accept as my boyfriend or as my husband in the futur.
He is muslim, i am christian... my parents won't let me marry someone who isn't from my religion.. but we love each other so much, it's been 2 months that we are dating, when he puts his hand on mine, i feel like my heart is set on fire..i love him so much..
but when we are not together, i start thinking about the troubles i'll be in when my parents will know, i become very sad and angry.. i mean my parents are the best parents in the world, they give me anything i want, and what did i give them back? i am dating someone behind their back, they will be very disappointed in me when they'll know and they'll never treat me the same.. what should i do.. who shell i choose? my parents or my love? Should i follow my heart and stay with him or should i follow my head and leave him? i need some help i am so confused..

Re: Should i Follow my HEART or my HEAD?

Absolutely no one can make that decision for you. As you live in a culture far beyond my understanding, where family is included in every part of your personal life choice, I can't even imagine being in your situation. I see you love and respect your parents but life it what it is. You will have to be a grown up and make some grown up decisions. If the option of you reasoning your parents up and making them realize how you feel and what you want and that you are prepared to deal with the consequences of your future life is not possible, then you will have to leave your family obviously and go against their will.

So you want to marry a Muslim. I know that is possible because Christianity and Islam are both religions of the book. Is he a an orthodox Muslim? I mean.. he follows all the rules? Because if that is true. Have you spoken about the future you would have to have. I know not all Islamic people are the same. But I also know that your children must be Muslim, no matter what religion you are (as his spouse). And the veil issue? And what about his family? Have you cleared all of these issues out? I know "Romeo and Juliette" is a passionate way to live and feel right now, but once reality kicks you to the curbs, love might not be enough..