Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Boundary issue with therapist

I've been seeing my therapist for about 6 months and she is great! It has been really helpful so far. I know a bit about her such as marital status, children and their ages, etc. I recently ran into her while visiting a friend who lives in her neighborhood. My therapist pointed out her house and said I should "stop by next time I'm in the neighborhood." Was this a boundary violation? I wonder if she would tell all her clients to stop by, or if it was something special. Should I be concerned? Do you think she really meant she wants me to come over?

Re: Boundary issue with therapist

I don't see this as a boundary violation, infact, she seems to be expressing that she trusts you enough to invite you over to her home. Also she wants you to have a chance to see her more 'personal' side. Often in peoples homes they have art on the walls that they like, pictures of family and stories that tell about their life. No reason to be overly concerned and I would assume that since she invited you over, she wants you to come. Sounds like it could be interesting and new, maybe you should check it out and report back.