Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Delusional/There's No such Thing as an Original Sin

PREVIEW: I'm from the Elvis Costello school who believes "There's No such Thing as an Original
Sin," and figure a proclivity to "win" debates through an irrelevant, irrational and methodical
war of attrition CANNOT be unique...
============================================
Glancing at my friend Raff's e-mails over an 8-year period, I'm amazed and disturbed at the perfect repetition.

Topics about opposing views on interesting subjects that we find compelling invariably shift off-topic where Raff suggests I'm covering up my true opinion.

If that's not distracting, boring and unproductive enough, Raff then (always) invents or greatly exaggerated statements that I've never said.

Instead of discussing opposing views, it becomes a sideshow about Raff's
easily disprovable distortions

Raff races to add distortions, moving further away from assessing the value or validity of our opinions...
Congruent & corresponding views disappear in rearview mirror, it's a full-blown faux debate on distortions
of WHO said WHAT.

I'm from the Elvis Costello school who believes "There's No such Thing as an Original
Sin," and figure Raff's proclivity to "win" debates through an irrelevant, irrational and methodical
war of attrition CANNOT be unique...

Is there a scientific/psychologist's label for this?

I guess Raff could be truly delusional...after all, wouldn't anyone take pause when asking:
What INCENTIVE would I have to offer "pretend" opinions (on EVERY subject)?