Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
need some advice very badly

I am a 38 year old mother of 2 boys . Ages 8 and 12 . We live with there father . I have been with him for 16 years on and off . He suffers from some kind of depression and ansity . has been verbally abusive in the past and now says i wont do it again im sorry . but after the fact that i didnt leave the house sometimes for weeks straight and my self essteam is totally gone . . I reconected with a old high school flame. I am Bipolar and on medication for it since getting on the medication have relized I still love him very much and he feels the same. I don't feel that way for my boys father . I have only stayed since i returned to him in 2006 for the boys not for love . I have been very unhappy for years . now I have tried to tell him i was done with our relationship just 2 days ago and he begs pleads and talks suicidal . so i stayed . again. but I really want out and want to be with the person I love and want to be with . I just want out but dont know how to without a fight to have my boys with me . I have no family to help me or job even the car i drive is in his name i think im trapped totally . the man i have fallen in love with just started working again and has roommates and no car at the moment so he cant help . am i being nutty for wanting to leave someone i dont love anymore for my own happiness ( because high school flame treats me like a queen builds my self esteam up and wants to marry me and has set the date and started planning (if i want to marry him )the boys dad has postponed it at least a dozen times in 15 years ) and not thinking of my boys needing there dad any advice would help im so confused right now .thankyou confused mom of 2

Re: need some advice very badly

Seeing as the words "psychopath" or "sociopath" are not in your post, no one will pay attention to you, sorry.

The Catalyst
Seeing as the words "psychopath" or "sociopath" are not in your post, no one will pay attention to you, sorry.

I reserve the right to reply to posts that interest me. This doesn't even remotely accomplish that. I wish these lurkers that just read would give imput to these kind of questions/dilemmas as i have nothing to contribute. Ofcourse i rarely contribute in any meaningful way anyway so that's a moot point. Why don't you give some sage advice for a change instead of just trying to get attention?

Do I look like I have any wisdom to give? No, I do not. Shut-up.