Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Do I seem quite narcissistic?

lightbearer
Let's make one thing clear. My reference to Lucifer was not on a delusional sense.

No, it was just in a grandiose sense, which fits narcissism to a tee.

I live in my own hell for much the same reason in terms of pride...

What's the hell you are talking about? Is it other people?

The things that appeal to most do not appeal to me. I simply wants loads of money and sexual encounters without affection. I also just want time to focus on my looks, because it really is big worry that this body will never be young forever.

Ok then. Do that. Is there a problem?

Daniel Birdick

What's the hell you are talking about? Is it other people?

It is other people and the limitations of my own physical body I'm forced to possess. I am misanthropic, I dislike humanity because it represents imperfection. Imperfection is something I cannot escape from, I see it in others all the time. I just wish everybody was beautiful, the fact that ugliness exists angers me, it ruins my day so to speak. Age is something I'm forced to live with, I'm angry because it wasn't my choice to age.

I'm angry at my sexuality because it means I'm attracted to others. It feels like an insult to myself to not be attracted to me, yet I cannot escape my sexual urges towards the opposite sex but I wish this wasn't so.

Um… Yeah… Alrighty then. I think 666 was right. You sound delusional to me. Good luck with that.

Daniel Birdick
Um… Yeah… Alrighty then. I think 666 was right. You sound delusional to me. Good luck with that.

Of course you're incorrect, but if you want to think I'm delusional I'll let you think it. My own evaluation of myself concludes that I am indeed a misanthropic introvert, with idealistic fantasies of perfectionism.

I will also admit one of my reasons for telling a story was attention seeking purposes. I hope none of you take offence, I was just bored, it's as simple as that.

lightbearer

I will also admit one of my reasons for telling a story was attention seeking purposes. I hope none of you take offence, I was just bored, it's as simple as that.

Which is why i didn't reply. The motives of people like you are obvious to the point of boring. Narcissists are fascinating creatures though. Breaking one is like shattering a mountain made of glass, often resulting in severe mental instability. Alternatively, scarring a narcs face is like cutting out their heart.

I will also admit one of my reasons for telling a story was attention seeking purposes. I hope none of you take offence, I was just bored, it's as simple as that.[/quote

That's what I mean by delusional: you imagine that your compelling need for attention and your compelling desire to show your ass to everyone is due to "boredom." What a crock!

You are a total drag, fool.

ror666

I will also admit one of my reasons for telling a story was attention seeking purposes. I hope none of you take offence, I was just bored, it's as simple as that.[/quote

That's what I mean by delusional: you imagine that your compelling need for attention and your compelling desire to show your ass to everyone is due to "boredom." What a crock!

You are a total drag, fool.

Firstly before calling me a fool learn to quote a message properly.

Secondly, try not to resort to childish insults. We're all adults here I assume, so lets all act like like adults.

Thirdly, do not take this thread personally as to me you were merely an object, you're just words to me nothing more. Anybody with half a brain would know this thread emanates and permeates attention seeking behaviour, and now you have to answer to yourself why you couldn't figure that out before I revealed it to you.

Yes. That IS what I mean by delusional.

lightbearer
The things that appeal to most do not appeal to me. I simply wants loads of money and sexual encounters without affection. I also just want time to focus on my looks, because it really is big worry that this body will never be young forever.

That sounds pretty average to me. Who doesn't want loads of money, sex without consequences, and a young and attractive body?

LOOL.

Yes, I think you yourself know you are quite narcissistic. I've read and studied about narcissistic individuals before, but I've honestly never come across one to your degree.

You are, to say the least, fascinating.

So when you do grow old, because everyone eventually does... what then? What will be the purpose of your life? Just look at your studio portfolio pictures until you wilt in a nursing home?

Also, I think you are also suffering from what professionals call delusions of grandeur. Or maybe I shouldn't use the word 'suffer' because you seem to enjoy thinking you are better than everyone else. And yes, sounds like you may have a personality disorder. Does that bother you at all?

Cassandra
LOOL.

Yes, I think you yourself know you are quite narcissistic. I've read and studied about narcissistic individuals before, but I've honestly never come across one to your degree.

You are, to say the least, fascinating.

So when you do grow old, because everyone eventually does... what then? What will be the purpose of your life? Just look at your studio portfolio pictures until you wilt in a nursing home?

Also, I think you are also suffering from what professionals call delusions of grandeur. Or maybe I shouldn't use the word 'suffer' because you seem to enjoy thinking you are better than everyone else. And yes, sounds like you may have a personality disorder. Does that bother you at all?

This entire world bothers me woman. I have to grow old and that's enough suffering, I don't need people rubbing it in.

Okay, maybe it's time for me to come clean. Basically everything in this thread was a pack of lies. There is a few reasons for this so bear with me people. The main reason was boredom, that's the truth.That's not all, I was trying to experiment with an arrogant persona, and that's easier to do behind a computer then in person. I understand arrogance and self-love are the keys to self- destruction, best to be humble in life but I wanted to see anyway.

I decided to read up on Narcissistic personality disorder, then implement the symptoms onto myself (and I'm surprised nobody caught onto this apart from person). It was to see how easy people can be taken in to give wrong diagnosis over the internet, it happens a lot, not just on this site. People should never diagnose themselves with anything, if you're in distress see somebody.

I don't have Narcissistic personality disorder, I'm a nice person, but I wanted to see how influenced people can be by simple words. It seemed to work because I got a lot of responses, when I knew the thread was drying up I admitted it was for attention, this was to create more responses, even if they were abusive.

For me, this thread was a psychological experiment and it did work. But I'm not proud of it, It's just words on a computer screen. I hope nobody takes offence.

It was kind of obvious hen you got hyperbolic with the bible in your name and the rain od bloo etc lol. Had it not been for that paragraph, pretty convincing!

I do think you need to find somethign else to do with your time though then making up stories on a ask the therapist forum!