Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Do you trust your memories?

Hexi
Then there is dreams that are SO real that you have to check things when you wake up to make sure it was a dream.

Right? I'll have a dream I've argued with a friend and I'll act all angry towards them, and It will be ages before I realise it never happened. :D

Hexi
Maybe dreams are gimples into what happened, what might have happened and what might happen.

My recurring dream is that I'm being chased around a football stadium by a bear. I don't see that happening anytime in the foreseeable future. :D
It's a good theory though, many people say they've been able to dream what's going to happen to them in the near future, but that might just be because their brains are so determined to find something, they make it happen in a way.

But do you ever contemplate where these come from? There must be something in our psyche that triggers them. I don't believe that permonitions are accurate, more like what our subconscious has gathered but can't quite put into a whole picture. The sad part is that most people just ignore dreams alltogether without giving them any thought. Then again, that is true with so many things, sadly.

I've tried to interpret my dream with a professional, and they told me it was that I would grow up to be a homo, and it's been 12 years since the dream started and I'm not a homo yet... so finger crossed. :D
Either that or I was running away from the 'inner bear', and that's just a load of crap. WTF is an inner bear? It's nothing.

But I do think dreams have a meaning, like your sub-concious trying to tell you something or alert you to something perhaps.

What do you think my dream could mean? A guess maybe. It boggles my mind.

That a scenario where a bear will maul you to death in an open field with no place to run is a deep fear of yours? I don't know. What kind of a retard would associate a bear in a field to being gay? Seriously...

Chase dreams are quite common and often reflect a situation that you are afraid in confronting. The bear is symbolic of introspection and self-reflection. In mythology, it also refers to the great mother figure.

The green fields indicates your hopes and your unlimited potential for growth.

I found this.. interesting...

Hoxo
What kind of a retard would associate a bear in a field to being gay? Seriously...

:D My thoughts entirely!

So your dream means that you need to grow as a person by letting your fears go? That's great advice for anyone! You don't need a dream to come to that conclusion, which makes it an empty platitude to spout to naive people who will shell out money for such sage advice. *snort*

Here is my interpetation. You're afraid that a hairy rugby player will manhandle you. Now, give money!

You're afraid that a hairy rugby player will manhandle you.

LOL - That's the best interpretation so far. :)

shell out money for such sage advice/

I spent £55 on that ****ty interpretation, when I could've got it from the internet for free, and it'd probably be better.

Now, give money!

LOL Nice try. :D
I just bought a 3D television, let's hope they're all they're cracked up to be...

That's right, Hexi. Such all-inclusive generalizations are just one of dozens of tried-and-true techniques in the old art of cold reading--the chicanery which for centuries has been employed by tarot readers, palm readers, crystal ball gazers, and all manner of self-described psychic.

As to why so many people buy this kind of nonsense, I think P.T. Barnum had it right when he said, "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the public."
Index

There are gaps in my memory. I've done things I have no recollection of. Like when I crashed and fractured my skull... I don't even remember the moments leading up to that event.

So no, I don't trust my memories all that much.