Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is laughter good for you?

Is laughter good for general health?

Re: Is laughter good for you?

Yes, laughter is very good for you.

Apparently just some of its benefits are lowering blood pressure, triggering the release of endorphins, reducing stress, allowing muslces to relax and it's also helpful for breathing because it empties the lungs.
It's also rumoured to be of benefit to people with cancer.

http://www.googobits.com/articles/p2-1940-laughter-is-good-for-you-the-benefits-of-laughter-therapy.htmlExample]Laughter Therapy

There's 4 pages of the listed benefits of laugher. I think the main benefit is laughter is the release of endorphins it causes, the bodies natural painkiller.

Laughter is the best medicine. :D Like Toby said it releases lots of endorphiners the bodies natural painkillers. But does that mean if you're in a car accident you have to burst into laughter?

May
But does that mean if you're in a car accident you have to burst into laughter?

Haha, no, they're released/produced during excitement, orgasm, eating spicy food, and pain.

I wonder how more painful pain would be if we didn't have endorphins to be released? We'd all just have to carry alot of Aspirin around with us. :)