Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Religion?

Diagon
Thanks Toby. Up until the end of your answer I would of thought you were Irreligious. I doubt it, but would you recommend any atheist books? Ones that deal with the existence of God? Thank you. =)

That would be an oxymoron :P

I'm working on ignoring Whitewolf. It's going well so far.

Anyway, thank you Diagon. :)

I doubt it, but would you recommend any atheist books? Ones that deal with the existence of God?

Yes! The God Delusion by the British atheist and biologist Richard Dawkins.
It talks of God certainly not existing, and contends that anyone who maintains a belief in God is delusionary and that they refuse to accept God doesn't exist despite overwhelmingly strong evidence in front of them.

He also talks of the philosopher Rober Persig, the man famous for saying: When one single person suffers from a delusion it's called insanity. But When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."

It makes an interesting read. :)

EDIT: Incase Hexi's reading, it's not an oxymoron because I don't believe any of it. :D

Diagon
Thanks Toby. Up until the end of your answer I would of thought you were Irreligious. I doubt it, but would you recommend any atheist books? Ones that deal with the existence of God? Thank you. =)

I'm not Toby, but since I am an atheistic thinker and Toby isn't...

Google the two books by Sam Harris. I think he is great for introducing sharp distinctions between the rational and irrational ideas and implications connected with religion. Richard Dawkin's The God Delusion is a bit acerbic, but still interesting. If you want something more scientific, try Victor Stenger's books.

***Didn't see Toby's post, so there is overlap.

Daniel, Talking of Sam Harris, The God Who Wasn't There, is a documentary that's very interesting, Sam Harris makes an appearance. I enjoy his works, but I don't care for his comments that The West is at war with Islam and other such remarks.

I've read The End of Faith by Sam, but I wasn't aware of any other books, I'll have to have a look. :)

Thanks guys, I will check out all your suggestions. I'm surprised Toby, I thought you would call Atheists idiots or something. And Whitewolf it's obvious you want to restart arguments, don't.

Call them idiots?

That wouldn't be very Jesus-y would it now?

what you is MEAN critism? God does exists and that the END of it what there to discuss? i doesnt UNDERSTANDS the problem. there is many PEOPLE who have feeled God im too but people just doesnt believes so then peoples unfortunately SOMETIMES dosent even try find out about anything. it probably because everyone does reads only books and what someone DOES says in world like if you WAS in middle age then people could sayed you crazy if you does says world is a ball and not flat. how they knowed enything without finding out themself? they just beliefed not knowed. im does KNOWS god exists. that be simple.

~Lega

It's not a problem, critisicm is fine. Critisicm of religion is fine, what's I don't like so much is the insulting of religion.
I respect Atheism, and all religions, and I expect them to do the same. (Too much to ask?)

Everyone is welcome to their opinions, regardless of how they appear, or are received, by others.

like if you WAS in middle age then people could sayed you crazy if you does says world is a ball and not flat.

I liked this, it made me think.
If someone like Jesus came into today's world and claimed he could speak to God, then what do you think people would do? Throw them in the nut-house.

And, of course, Joan of Arc, I wonder if she might of had Psychosis?

I'm rambling, sorry. :(

So when the schizophrenic says his car told him to run down a kid, as in, the car audibly told him to mow the little brat down, then we must accept that he is telling the truth, right? After all, he personally heard his car say the words and he really felt in his heart that it was the truth. And since everybody knows cars don’t talk but his car did, surely that must mean the talking car incident was a miracle and that ergo the schizophrenic should act on what his car told him, right?

My above example is actually very much like the story I read today about a little 13 month old child who was beaten to death with a hammer by a man while the mother stood by watching. It happened in Texas, the bastion of rationality and good taste. Why did the man kill the child and why did the mother stand by, you ask? Because they believed the child was possessed by a demon and they had to literally beat the h~ll out of her. They felt that doing so was the right thing to do, so ergo they must be right… right?

If you see the problems with this line of reasoning Lega then you will see the problem with yours.

Daniel Birdick
So when the schizophrenic says his car told him to run down a kid, as in, the car audibly told him to mow the little brat down, then we must accept that he is telling the truth, right? After all, he personally heard his car say the words and he really felt in his heart that it was the truth. And since everybody knows cars don’t talk but his car did, surely that must mean the talking car incident was a miracle and that ergo the schizophrenic should act on what his car told him, right?

My above example is actually very much like the story I read today about a little 13 month old child who was beaten to death with a hammer by a man while the mother stood by watching. It happened in Texas, the bastion of rationality and good taste. Why did the man kill the child and why did the mother stand by, you ask? Because they believed the child was possessed by a demon and they had to literally beat the h~ll out of her. They felt that doing so was the right thing to do, so ergo they must be right… right?

If you see the problems with this line of reasoning Lega then you will see the problem with yours.
so your saying im IS schizophernic? but when scientist does SAYS something in MAGAZINE you did readed then it right because hes not schizophrenic and does HAS evidence you doesnt even comprehends? and because them MAGAZINE did sayed "this true". you could TRIES pray then maybe you does EXPERIENCE you doesnt has to belief because you can experiences too..

Don’t be ridonkulous Lega. I never said “Lega is a schizophrenic”. I never even implied it. I made up that example on the fly to illustrate a point I thought would be patently obvious once you read it and the story following it. I was wrong. My point is that using personal feelings as a basis for grand metaphysical claims, like that god exists for instance, is a problematic way to go about establishing what is and is not reality. I used the made up illustration of the schizophrenic and the real life example of the dead toddler to show you why. The problem is that anyone anywhere can say anything is true on the basis of what they felt in any given moment, which is no way to consistently get at the facts. Now do you see what I mean?

And can you now see why you suggesting that I pray is still no way to verify whether your god does or does not objectively exist? Suppose I did pray and suppose I saw a bright light appear in my bedroom window in the middle of the night, and from that light a heavenly voice rang out, announcing that it was an angel of the lord and that the lord is calling me to be his prophet… Would that actually serve as objective proof that there really was an angel, who really did represent a god, who really was calling me to a substantive job called prophet? Would you believe it Lega? Would you organize everything you ever did for the rest of your life around it? Do you get it now?

Why on earth should anyone just take my word for it and dedicate their entire lives to my story? Not that this hasn’t happened of course. My story is the origin of Islam in a nutshell. My point again is that personal experience is just that, personal. Not objective and not verifiable for anyone else, like hallucinations for instance.

Lega--

I have to agree with Daniel. Your post here is ridiculous. First of all, he was not calling your schizophrenic. He was saying that someone could imagine that "God" was talking to him, but that could be mental illness, not "God." He did not say you are mentally ill.

In the second place, you have a perfect right to believe anything you like, but the fact that YOU believe it doesn't prove anything to anyone else. Suppose I tell you that I know there is no "God." Does that mean that you should believe me? Why? If you don't believe me, why should I believe you?

I am sorry to say this, but your attitude really makes me wonder if you have the intelligence to engage in this kind of conversation. Maybe you should just believe what you believe, and leave it at that.

When you try to argue against science you just come off sounding rather foolish. I am not saying there is no God. I am saying that you have no way to prove there is. If you believe it, fine, but asking everyone else to believe you is a bit too much. After all, you could be mistaken, deluded, desperate, mentally ill,or just needy for something to believe in that will give your life meaning or relieve you of your fear of death,emptiness, or whatever.

How about opening your mind to the possibility that you are mistaken? Could you do that? If not, why not?

I would like you to explain why you are the one who knows, and people like the Doc, Daniel, myself, and others are wrong. Can you do that without talking about faith? Doctor Robert says that "faith" is just another word, a better sounding one, for "credulity," and I think you are the proof of that.

No insult intended, but really, please get a grip.

Lega--
Your idea about science and what you read in a magazine is absurd. When a scientist puts out an idea, he has to prove it. The idea has to be falsifiable, meaning that there must be a way to prove the idea is wrong. If there is not a way to prove the idea is wrong, by some experiment for example, then the idea will not be accepted. But when someone like you says that you KNOW god exists, how can that be proved wrong? It can't because you just KNOW it.

That is the difference between a faith-head and a scientist. The scientist is always ready to be proved wrong. But the statements you make CAN'T be proved wrong. Therefore they have no real meaning except to you.

I am not an atheist, by the way. I just don't know, and you dont either.

Daniel Birdick
Don’t be ridonkulous Lega. I never said “Lega is a schizophrenic”. I never even implied it. I made up that example on the fly to illustrate a point I thought would be patently obvious once you read it and the story following it. I was wrong. My point is that using personal feelings as a basis for grand metaphysical claims, like that god exists for instance, is a problematic way to go about establishing what is and is not reality. I used the made up illustration of the schizophrenic and the real life example of the dead toddler to show you why. The problem is that anyone anywhere can say anything is true on the basis of what they felt in any given moment, which is no way to consistently get at the facts. Now do you see what I mean?

And can you now see why you suggesting that I pray is still no way to verify whether your god does or does not objectively exist? Suppose I did pray and suppose I saw a bright light appear in my bedroom window in the middle of the night, and from that light a heavenly voice rang out, announcing that it was an angel of the lord and that the lord is calling me to be his prophet… Would that actually serve as objective proof that there really was an angel, who really did represent a god, who really was calling me to a substantive job called prophet? Would you believe it Lega? Would you organize everything you ever did for the rest of your life around it? Do you get it now?

Why on earth should anyone just take my word for it and dedicate their entire lives to my story? Not that this hasn’t happened of course. My story is the origin of Islam in a nutshell. My point again is that personal experience is just that, personal. Not objective and not verifiable for anyone else, like hallucinations for instance.
im doesnt knows BECAUSE islam does be wrong why does you ask?

if you DOES follow that logic then ok nothing can DOES be proved how you does knows ur is NOT really someone THINKEING stuff or you DOES live in world where everybody does be NOT living and you only live and all does knows that except YOU and does lies to you? im doesnt HAS time for nonsense PHILOPSOHY. you just did APEARED in this world and someone did telled you what is right and wrong and THEN you did looked around and now you does think you DOES make sense. it like when in PHILOSPHY you does have SHADOW world.

ricardo ganas
Lega--
Your idea about science and what you read in a magazine is absurd. When a scientist puts out an idea, he has to prove it. The idea has to be falsifiable, meaning that there must be a way to prove the idea is wrong. If there is not a way to prove the idea is wrong, by some experiment for example, then the idea will not be accepted. But when someone like you says that you KNOW god exists, how can that be proved wrong? It can't because you just KNOW it.

That is the difference between a faith-head and a scientist. The scientist is always ready to be proved wrong. But the statements you make CAN'T be proved wrong. Therefore they have no real meaning except to you.

I am not an atheist, by the way. I just don't know, and you dont either.
if it DOES can be proved wrong then it not right. and yes i DOES knows.
okey so maybe someone does says something be right in their beliefs and other people who does BELIEFS same things does says yes this is right because we can see from this text that nothing DOES says against it. then you does can even sees that it right with your own eyes so it canot be wrong right?
if you does DROP ball then it hit ground right? why it hit ground you can proves that? because is GRAVITY? how does you proves gravity? because BALL drop on ground? then other PERSON does says that ball not drop on ground and prove it because angel DOES holds the ball in air and the ball also did WANTED stay in air. like MOLECULE did wanted becommed different and then did WANTED become different again because it not liked be LIKE that enymore.
then you does gets angry because yours SCIENCE does be criticised and call me idiot because im DOSSENT believes you. then you DOES canot be PROVED wrong because you does sees BALL drop and can count how much angel does weights because BALL does dropped because ANGEL does be holding ball.

like you DOES set facts and then does USES facts and then when someone does SAYS you be dumb then you DOES says "look it DOSSENT says that is true". then you DOES says to yours friend "i not DUMB right?" then he does says IT and they does both believes it. THEN the person who DID sayed he is dumb telled his children that other person is DUMB and they does knows he does be dumb.

Doug from Vermont
Your post here is ridiculous.

you can BELIEVES that if you does WANTS to but you DOESNT have proof.

Doug from Vermont
In the second place, you have a perfect right to believe anything you like, but the fact that YOU believe it doesn't prove anything to anyone else. Suppose I tell you that I know there is no "God." Does that mean that you should believe me? Why? If you don't believe me, why should I believe you?
im DOSENT believes i does KNOWS. why i SHOULD believe you? im DOESNT knows maybe i does HAS proofs that God does EXISTS like i does experience IT? you does can EXPERIENCE too so why DOESNT you try? because you DOES believes it not true? you should MAYBE be more open MIND because you DOESNT knows if something they DOES says in MAGAZINE does be proved or not TOO but you DOES choose belief it.

Doug from Vermont
I am sorry to say this, but your attitude really makes me wonder if you have the intelligence to engage in this kind of conversation. Maybe you should just believe what you believe, and leave it at that.
okey so you does CAN says you is RIGHT and DISCUS with yours FRIENDS who dosent believes and say it fact then? i does THINKED you does BELIEVED that fact does be something you can tryes PROVES wrong?

it like you say "make topic who does SAYS all people who NOT be nazis is idiots and COMES to conclusion if they be IDIOTS or not" but the not allow people who NOT be nazis talk in TOPIC.

Doug from Vermont
When you try to argue against science you just come off sounding rather foolish. I am not saying there is no God. I am saying that you have no way to prove there is. If you believe it, fine, but asking everyone else to believe you is a bit too much. After all, you could be mistaken, deluded, desperate, mentally ill,or just needy for something to believe in that will give your life meaning or relieve you of your fear of death,emptiness, or whatever.
first i dident sayed everyone must BELIEVES me. yes i DOES probably sounded FOOLISH you does TRY go back in TIME and try ARGUES against science and you does sound foolish too.

Doug from Vermont
How about opening your mind to the possibility that you are mistaken? Could you do that? If not, why not?
why you not TRY that? im dosent be mistaken because i does KNOWS.

Doug from Vermont
I would like you to explain why you are the one who knows, and people like the Doc, Daniel, myself, and others are wrong. Can you do that without talking about faith? Doctor Robert says that "faith" is just another word, a better sounding one, for "credulity," and I think you are the proof of that.
i think im does ANSWERED that question hehhe so you probably did THINKED i couldnt but i COULD so now you DOES be surprised? and i DOES respect doctor ROBERT for help people but he is WRONG in that. sometimes all PEOPLE is wrong.

Doug from Vermont
No insult intended, but really, please get a grip.
yes im DOSENT be insulted dont wory im doesnt CARE as long you doesnt tries BULLY someone else you can DOES that to me only but not involves same with innocent PEOPLE okay? because someone does CAN be insulted.

im DOESNT try be offensive i just try make you MORE open mind so you does realize maybe truth.

Ok, because I am bored at the moment I’ll try to translate what I think Lega is saying, which will be difficult. Then I’ll add my response.

Lega’s first point seems to be, “We can’t be 100% sure of anything… therefore god exists”. Yes, I think that’s true to a certain extent. We can’t know things with complete certainty. And yes, I do think a leap of faith is necessary to get anything done in the world. Having said that, it is one thing to leap to a belief that can be reliably counted on, based on repeated history (if you let go of an apple you are holding in your hand, it will fall instead of float away for instance) and quite another to leap to a belief based almost entirely on hearsay, exaggeration, and possible hallucinogenic experiences. The former is a small little hop onto something reasonably solid. The latter is a huge leap across a bottomless chasm. We actually don’t need to know anything with certainty in order live.

Secondly, Lega’s position on subjectivity leads inexorably to solipsism, or the belief that my mind is the only one that matters because for all practical purposes, it is the only one that exists. Subjectivity is a favorite of the religious of all persuasions. The argument goes something like, “Since I can’t be certain anyone or anything exists outside of my awareness, I can’t really say that anything science explains has any validity… therefore god exists.” Which is all well and good. Until you get out of bed in the morning. All of a sudden, every single thing you do and will ever do will depend on you believing that the world around you continues to exist with or without your awareness of it. That goes double for the people who inhabit it. Your boss just won’t go away, bill collectors won’t go away, rent and/or mortgage is still due, family drama continues to go on, etc ad nauseum. It’s funny how things just keep persisting as if they existed when you aren’t aware of them. Solipsists are left in an untenable position practically speaking, and their actions prove this.

So we can see why it is easy for Lega to disparage science, all the while using instruments (computers, the internet and so on) that science (thru technology) made possible. This is always the part I find ironic about religious people who poo-poo on science when it seems to counter their cherished fairy tales while using the internet to buy male prostitutes or going to a physician when they are really sick or getting on an airplane or driving a car or watching TV… Faith in god made none of the things we moderns take for granted possible. Reason, thru science, thru technology did. Tell me Lega brother, did you use your faith in god to make your comments appear on this forum? Or fix your car? Or pay your bills?

You see Lega, the truth is you don’t actually believe science is on the same intellectual footing as religious faith because your actions demonstrate that you know better. You know what can and can’t be relied on in your real, day to day life, and it isn’t god. To demonstrate the factuality of what I am saying, all I need do is ask you to let go of the apple you talked about. I can guarantee you, with almost complete certainty, that the apple will fall instead of rise. I can tell you why by referring you to some physics texts. Very practical stuff. You in turn ask me to pray… but you cannot guarantee me that any god of any kind will answer in any way that is intelligible or reliable. You can only tell me to tell myself to believe you no matter what the evidence of my senses tell me, which is all religious faith amounts to.

The whole idea of god is nonsense to people who arent stupid idiots. God created the world in 7 DAYS?! **** off. no he did not

God created the world in 7 DAYS?!

Very popular misconception, like God resting on Sunday, it was saturday.
I am going to have to do this again...

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is as a thousand years"

It was 7000 years. :)

Psycho1
The whole idea of god is nonsense to people who arent stupid idiots. God created the world in 7 DAYS?! **** off. no he did not

Okey you can SAYS that. yours belief ageinst OTHER belief. im DOES not likes posts like this because it be like i does EXPLAINING many wise things and then they JUST responds with something like THIS and not actualy even LISTEN when i DOES spend many times with WRITING mine POST.

Daniel Birdick
Ok, because I am bored at the moment I’ll try to translate what I think Lega is saying, which will be difficult. Then I’ll add my response.

Lega’s first point seems to be, “We can’t be 100% sure of anything… therefore god exists”. Yes, I think that’s true to a certain extent. We can’t know things with complete certainty. And yes, I do think a leap of faith is necessary to get anything done in the world. Having said that, it is one thing to leap to a belief that can be reliably counted on, based on repeated history (if you let go of an apple you are holding in your hand, it will fall instead of float away for instance) and quite another to leap to a belief based almost entirely on hearsay, exaggeration, and possible hallucinogenic experiences. The former is a small little hop onto something reasonably solid. The latter is a huge leap across a bottomless chasm. We actually don’t need to know anything with certainty in order live.

Secondly, Lega’s position on subjectivity leads inexorably to solipsism, or the belief that my mind is the only one that matters because for all practical purposes, it is the only one that exists. Subjectivity is a favorite of the religious of all persuasions. The argument goes something like, “Since I can’t be certain anyone or anything exists outside of my awareness, I can’t really say that anything science explains has any validity… therefore god exists.” Which is all well and good. Until you get out of bed in the morning. All of a sudden, every single thing you do and will ever do will depend on you believing that the world around you continues to exist with or without your awareness of it. That goes double for the people who inhabit it. Your boss just won’t go away, bill collectors won’t go away, rent and/or mortgage is still due, family drama continues to go on, etc ad nauseum. It’s funny how things just keep persisting as if they existed when you aren’t aware of them. Solipsists are left in an untenable position practically speaking, and their actions prove this.

So we can see why it is easy for Lega to disparage science, all the while using instruments (computers, the internet and so on) that science (thru technology) made possible. This is always the part I find ironic about religious people who poo-poo on science when it seems to counter their cherished fairy tales while using the internet to buy male prostitutes or going to a physician when they are really sick or getting on an airplane or driving a car or watching TV… Faith in god made none of the things we moderns take for granted possible. Reason, thru science, thru technology did. Tell me Lega brother, did you use your faith in god to make your comments appear on this forum? Or fix your car? Or pay your bills?

You see Lega, the truth is you don’t actually believe science is on the same intellectual footing as religious faith because your actions demonstrate that you know better. You know what can and can’t be relied on in your real, day to day life, and it isn’t god. To demonstrate the factuality of what I am saying, all I need do is ask you to let go of the apple you talked about. I can guarantee you, with almost complete certainty, that the apple will fall instead of rise. I can tell you why by referring you to some physics texts. Very practical stuff. You in turn ask me to pray… but you cannot guarantee me that any god of any kind will answer in any way that is intelligible or reliable. You can only tell me to tell myself to believe you no matter what the evidence of my senses tell me, which is all religious faith amounts to.
what you DOES talking about? does READS mine post again i didnt SAYED that. why you does TWISTS mine words? also maybe it was God who did sented me to this forum to help people. im DOESNT know why it so hard to accept :/ or why you DOES get angry when we criticises yours LOGIC. it not like we say you is dumb or enything. if you dident UNDERSTANDS realy then tell me what PARTS then i does try EXPLAIN again.

Lega
im is THINKING you dont ever READ bible?

if you DOES read bible im is THINKING you turn inligtened im DOES knows you are WEAK you FAITH is waving.
just because you did THINKS you KNOWS dosent make you KNOW eveything.
you DOES says i dont KNOWS when you SAY you knows you dont PROVES you knows.

i DIDENT wroted this. it be probably psycho1 or someone else. doesnt DO it again got it? and if you DOES tryes to do it to someone else you does go to dealing with ME.

I approve of this thread. It's full of all sorts of awesome.

Lega:

Come on man, I'm not mad! I said I was bored, hence the speechifying. I'm just talking to be talking at this point. I know you aren't going to change your mind so I'm not taking this conversation seriously.

That is the beauty of the religious meme. It is like a virus and part of the way it infects the mind of its host is by making it impervious to reason. It is really quite ingenious actually. I would start a church or a religion for fun and profit because it would be all too easy to gather a large following, but meh, I don’t feel like it.

Daniel Birdick
Lega:

Come on man, I'm not mad! I said I was bored, hence the speechifying. I'm just talking to be talking at this point. I know you aren't going to change your mind so I'm not taking this conversation seriously.

That is the beauty of the religious meme. It is like a virus and part of the way it infects the mind of its host is by making it impervious to reason. It is really quite ingenious actually. I would start a church or a religion for fun and profit because it would be all too easy to gather a large following, but meh, I don’t feel like it.
does you BE real Daniel Birdick or someone does FAKE again? i does THINKED you is someone who does listens to logic that is very RARE in this day.

does you mean that peoples who DOSENT agrees with you is brainwash and you does USES that to prove you is right and also SMARTER? im does knows you been in HARSH TIMES and probably doesnt like religion because something bad DID happened or did in CHILDHOOD but we is here for you and RELIGION *DOES* helps you. im DOESNT says this as RELIGIOUS PERSON im does say this as friend. you can TRUSTS us.

Lega
does you BE real Daniel Birdick or someone does FAKE again?

LMAO! You're killing me. Seriously. I never thought I'd have a reason to say this, but yes, yes I am the real Daniel Birdick. Couldn't you tell by the long winded, pseudo-intellectual sounding quality of my previous comments? No one around here does pretension quite like yours truly.

Daniel Birdick
Lega

LMAO! You're killing me. Seriously. I never thought I'd have a reason to say this, but yes, yes I am the real Daniel Birdick. Couldn't you tell by the long winded, pseudo-intellectual sounding quality of my previous comments? No one around here does pretension quite like yours truly.
hmmm yes i DID asked you that so does you ANSWERS them OTHER text i DID writed? (i did SPENTED many times in WRITING that) im doesnt THINKS that even if you DOES tryes bully me and makes me look STUPID im DOESNT think that does makes you right. im actualy think that means you canot denyes my logic..

Lega
Daniel Birdick
Lega

hmmm yes i DID asked you that so does you ANSWERS them OTHER text i DID writed? (i did SPENTED many times in WRITING that) im doesnt THINKS that even if you DOES tryes bully me and makes me look STUPID im DOESNT think that does makes you right. im actualy think that means you canot denyes my logic..

Oh thats definatly him, Lega.

He's the high end version of a Toby. In my fantasies where 2012 solar flares ruin civilization and the strongest tribe (the police) fall.. and humanity crumbles... and it's all Mel Gibson roadwayrior style... LOL where was I going with this... Oh yeah.. I'm going to watch that long winded-streetstupid-knownothing cry his sorry eyes out and collapse at my feet when he sees his world die. To watch you all kill yourselves as your materialistic world falls and you are reduced back to the iron age. I know it's far fetched but most fantasies are.

He's the high end version of a Toby.

I couldn't of put that better myself.

Whitewolf
I'm going to watch that long winded-streetstupid-knownothing cry his sorry eyes out and collapse at my feet when he sees his world die.

In my version, you walk outside you house and get hit by a lightning bolt from Zeus and die.
Then me and Daniel ascend into the clouds where we meet up with God, and we party like it's 1999. Oh and we have cake.
Far fetched?

Your story is boring and uncreative. But... I laughed at the part where you both fly to Heaven. In my head you both sprouted wings and flew your fairy butts straight into the sun and got bug zapped!

BZZzzzap!

I know this is leaving topic but it's human nature to evolve and change.

We aren't arguing, so it's fine.

Your story is boring and uncreative.

Your story is more so. It lacks imaginative thinking.
:D
In mine, there's cake and partying. I win.

I just realized something. You are a child masquerading as an adult, aren’t you Wolfster? Your emotional immaturity stunts your capacity for reason, judging by your comments here. In that way, you are in fact no different from the very people you need to feel superior to. I would feel sorry for you if I could.

Are you a psychopath Daniel?

Toby
Are you a psychopath Daniel?

No. I’m just a guy with little to no conscience. I know that to Dr. Robert that means I am a psychopath. But as far as I’m concerned, I’m not. I'm just amoral.

Daniel,
I think someone can be amoral without lacking a conscience. That is pretty much where I am at.

ror666
Daniel,
I think someone can be amoral without lacking a conscience. That is pretty much where I am at.

I agree. It's just that for as long as I can remember, I have never had a conscience, which I define as feelings attached to notions of some kind of morality, feelings that are rooted in emotional attachments to others.

Defining yourself and what your morals are to be is something everyone must do. Thats not being a psychopath.

Turning your back on a friend in need because you don't want to deal with their emotional crap and "you don't care" is being a psychopath. Having sexual thoughts about a girl while she is bleeding her feelings on you.. is being a psychopath.

Having an emotional arguement with a woman and to just stop yelling and burst into laughter... because she makes funny faces when she is angry... is emotional disconnection. It happens all the time. People start crying about retarded crap and.. it's funny.

Besides the idea of us having anything valid in common is just offensive to me. It's insulting. Hurts my pride. Ego deflated. I nearly killed myself. Please... stop.

That really made me smile, woflie, thanks! Also, you are way too over the top recently, why is that? It's fun to see these silly responses but... meh.

Daniel Birdick
I just realized something. You are a child masquerading as an adult, aren’t you Wolfster? Your emotional immaturity stunts your capacity for reason, judging by your comments here. In that way, you are in fact no different from the very people you need to feel superior to. I would feel sorry for you if I could.

Even his insults are long and drawn out. All he said was "you're acting like a child! Cut it out!" also known as "what's wrong with you?!" or "you are disrupting my emotional harmony."

I see Lega as someone with a typing disadvantage that maybe alters his point of view. I see you as a mentally stronger but ego inferior person to him... exploiting his weakness. So I figure... if you're going to prey on him.. I'm going to prey on you.

As much as I smack people around.. I lack emotional involvement and those who understand me know this. They know my anger is short lived. But when you say hateful things.. you have emotional emphasis. Your words are more meaningful. It's a double standard in some ways but not really.

Good intentions. Hells wrath. Here I come!! LOL

I see Lega as someone with a typing disadvantage that maybe alters his point of view.

If he didn't have said disadvantage then I'm sure he'd be able to defend himself with righteous vigor, and you'd all be left speechless. :D

So I figure... if you're going to prey on him.. I'm going to prey on you.

Who said you were evil? :)

would start a church or a religion for fun and profit because it would be all too easy to gather a large following, but meh, I don’t feel like it.

I like it! You could charge large fees to sign up, and threaten legal action against those who dislike it and you could call it... 'scientology'!

It is like a virus and part of the way it infects the mind of its host is by making it impervious to reason.

I'm Christian and this is not true. It's more like a zombie than a virus. :D

Toby
I like it! You could charge large fees to sign up, and threaten legal action against those who dislike it and you could call it... 'scientology'!

Nice.

I'm Christian and this is not true. It's more like a zombie than a virus. :D

I'm thinking of "I Am Legend" the movie now for some odd reason...

I have had my non-dual experience, so I could call myself Swami Salami, hang out a shingle, start a website and proclaim to be able to solve all of your problems. All you’d have to do is sign away all of your assets to me, your Enlightened, Elevated Guru-du-jour. Sounds like a winner to me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/Kajgue/GOD2.jpg

Waddup, G?

You, I must say, are very talented using Paint. :D

im is THINKING you dont ever READ bible?

if you DOES read bible im is THINKING you turn inligtened im DOES knows you are WEAK you FAITH is waving.
just because you did THINKS you KNOWS dosent make you KNOW eveything.
you DOES says i dont KNOWS when you SAY you knows you dont PROVES you knows.