Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I've been wondering something recently...

Well if the world turns to zombies I'll make sure to have a katana sword.

Toby, if someone tried to hurt you.. I'd protect you. I forgive you for bring human. :-)

Toby, if someone tried to hurt you.. I'd protect you. I forgive you for bring human. :-)

LOL Thanks. :)

You play too much Xbox360. :D

Whitewolf

I have a nodachi, i luv it!

Tsurugi sword every time. :)

I don't own a sword. :-(
My parents have all my guns.
The cops took my last set of knives...

But Toby.. could you really live with yourself knowing you would be killing zombies that used to be people? Wouldn't it conflict with your morals? Imagine everybody turned back to normal a weak later butyiu slaughtered them. What would you do then?

I don't own a sword, although here it's perfectly legal with a permit.
I also don't have a gun. :(

If I knew that my act of killing zombies would save people, people that would be terrified and fighting for their lives, women and children then I would get myself a sword and kill some zombies. :)

Hehe, my nodachi is on the wall, over my bed. If some fool would break in they would be in for a surprise. :P Oh, and it's an actual sword and not an ornament. You can cut people in half with it, if the nescessity arises. I got it for my 20th birthday from my cousin.

The surprise being they break in to steal your phone and get decapitated. :D
Unlucky *******. :)

What if it was to fall on you in the night?
Yeah, they sell swords in my nearest town, you have to get a permit though. :( And I don't think my wife would like me to have a sword around my children...

I doubt it would even come to that, to be honest. Considering the size of the nodachi, no sensible person would try to attack me if i was wielding it, especially since i know HOW to wield it. They would just run away.

LOL
If someone jumped through the window with a pen-knife and they saw you with that... well that would be just hilarious. :)

Nice comeback, I didn't see that coming.

Got anymore? They're AWESOME.

Hexi
Can't you two forget this nationalist crap for just once? None of the **** you spout have anything to do with anything, it's just to distract you from the REAL god**** issues. Ahhhhh forget it, it's pointless. Carry on.

I wanted to talk about the 2012 crap. I like all the different theories. The end of the world is fun to think about. Surviving in the aftermath ect. It's interesting.

Besides Hexi is just jealous. Wait didn't Finland make Max Payne? I loved that game! B proud. Cause you know.. pride is a sin. People who suffer from national pride are often tormented by me. It's the job of a zenemy to show you the errors of your ways. :-p

Edit: or just torment you till you emotionally flip.

I enjoy reading about Armageddon, the 2012 thing is also interesting when you read about different people scientific views instead of only guesswork.
Things like the Big Crunch interest me too, because they're purely scientific, It's the supposes collape of the universe...

Toby

And this is coming from someone who's never read the Bible cover-to-cover?

LOL do you presume I have not read something I can so readily quote? You read it once when you were 17? I've read it at least 24 times all the way through - twice a year for 12 years, and several times, at least some parts of it, in the original languages. Even if I had only read it once, I'd still understand it significantly more than you do. You don't think. How many people have you converted to Christ? I lost count in the triple digits. I've actually been a missionary in my lifetime. Have you? You want to play who can be a better Christian? Really? Isn't that how the "holy wars" got started? For the love of all things holy, for the love of God, use your brain the way God intended you to. Think critically, think rationally, think reasonably, or just shut up. Eschatological conversation is meaningless in the face of such blind devotion and obliviousness.

If you want to discuss it with me for the purpose of experiencing an alternate viewpoint through a discourse in which either one of us has an opportunity to see a new thing, to learn from the other, to grow as a person, I'd be delighted. Otherwise, there's no point. You've already won. You've already learned all you can learn. Which, by the way, ironically enough, one could make a very strong case is the blasphemy referred to as the sin which can not be forgiven. To believe that you know all there is to know about God and His Word that your heart is closed to any further insight from or communication with the Spirit as you go through life is an arrogance beyond which you can not return to God. Enjoy your afterlife. Peace. Out.

I've read it at least 24 times all the way through - twice a year for 12 years.

Really? I'm impressed. I can't say I've done that, but I read the Bible almost every day, and have done for almost 12 years now.

Even if I had only read it once, I'd still understand it significantly more than you do. You don't think. How many people have you converted to Christ? I lost count in the triple digits.

I refuse to turn this into an argument best suited for an infant. I also will not argue over which one of us understand the bible more significantly, The very fact that you wish to have that kind of argument, and the fact that you talk as you do is evidence to the fact you do not understand the teaching of the Bible.

I have converted a few people, around 10. It's not much, but numbers are insignificant to God.It's still a great thing if you have converted as many people as you say.

Which, by the way, ironically enough, one could make a very strong case is the blasphemy referred to as the sin which can not be forgiven.

Incorrect. The Unforgiveable blasphemy is to blaspheme God, the Holy Spirit, which I have not done.

To believe that you know all there is to know about God and His Word that your heart is closed to any further insight from or communication with the Spirit as you go through life is an arrogance beyond which you can not return to God. Enjoy your afterlife. Peace. Out.

I know all there is to know of the Law and Guidance God has given unto us, nothing more.

And to answer your earlier question I would be delighted to continue discussion and debate with you, however only if you refrain from petty insults and baseless accusations.

or just shut up.

Things like that, they're what you'd expect from an infant. I have never told you to 'shut up', what's the point? It gets you nowhere. Even Whitewolf and Hexi don't randomly insult people.

LOL I give up. *shakes head*

Good for you!
You have acknowledge your arguments were baseless and your insults were infantile!

Does not God hate sin?

God hates the sin but not the sinner. A murderer he wouldn't hate, but the act of murder itself he would.

Should a victim of rape not hate her attacker?

No, not hate. I am not a women, nor have I experienced anything of the sort. But, she should forgive her attacker. That's what the Bible teaches.

Isn't our motivation for zealously prosecuting paedophiles, hate-based?

I don't hate Paedophiles, paedophilia is a mental disorder the same as psychopathy, to hate someone for something they cannot change is ignorant.
So I will assume you meant Child sex offenders.
Again, No. The motivation should be to protect children, and punish the offender - but not to hate him.

Yes Toby, i'm sure you would forgive me if I came and murdered your family infront of you, after raping your wife and setting your house on fire.

Paedophilia is not a mental disorder you ignorant ****. It's a sexual preference. Unless you consider homosexuality a mental disorder aswell?

You keep arguing over what the bible says, instead of discussing what the purpose of the message is. It's the same pattern i see in everything you write, ignorance and stupidity with 0 consideration to the why's and what then's. This is gonna be the last time i respond to your garbage so i'm outright flaming you. I suppose you should feel good about yourself, you got an emotional response from me.

I'm sorry, but I am going to quote the DSM.

"Pedophilia is a psychological disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a sexual preference for prepubescent children"

It is a mental disorder, and yes, I do consider homosexuality a disorder. It's something that's gone wrong in there brains chemical make up. As much as they don't like to admit it, it's not just another sexual preference. I have nothing against gays, btw.

Yes Toby, i'm sure you would forgive me if I came and murdered your family infront of you, after raping your wife and setting your house on fire.

If you were to do that, forgiveness would be near to impossible, but I'd try. And oneday I would be able to look back and forgive you, regardless of how hard to do that would be.

This is gonna be the last time i respond to your garbage

Good, do that. That's exactly what I would do, just ignore the person who's causing me distress/upset/whatever.
I am not the one calling you an ignorant f**k, that's you.

Feel free to go back and find what I said you think was 'ignorant' and point it out to me.

I'm still wondering where in the Bible it says it is wrong to use your head for more than a hat rack.

Hexi
Why are they mutually exclusive?

I made them that way because it seems to me that when lying is polite, most people don't see it as lying anymore... for some reason.

Dragontongue

I made them that way because it seems to me that when lying is polite, most people don't see it as lying anymore... for some reason.

Ahh that's because most people feel guilty when they lie, so they need to make stuff up to reliev themselves of guilt. Which, ironicaaly enough, is lying to yourself.

And once again Hexi's last comment is on point. Self deception is where all deception begins, in my experience.

Why would someone pretend to like someone they hate, besides the obvious things, like conning someone for money, sex, etc? Or seeking someone's approval? Or *fill in the blank* self delusionally self centered reason?

Yeah, your right.
I don't pretend to like people I 'hate' but I am nice to people I 'hate'... Most the time... :)

Being kind or nice to someone you 'hate', does that constitute pretending to like them?

Toby
Being kind or nice to someone you 'hate', does that constitute pretending to like them?

I wonder. People are usually kind and nice to the people they like. So if someone is being kind or nice to you, the odds that they like you are certainly higher.... How could you tell whether someone was being nice to you because they liked you or if it was for some other reason?

How could you tell whether someone was being nice to you because they liked you or if it was for some other reason?

I suppose you can't, well, not really. That's how lots of people allow themselves to be conned, deceived.

Toby
I suppose you can't, well, not really. That's how lots of people allow themselves to be conned, deceived.

If you can't tell the difference, I think most people would assume that the one being nice to them liked them, since that's the most pleasant thing to believe. And if you know that the person you're being nice to is going to take it that way, then aren't you lying?

then aren't you lying?

Not really, for me.
There are people who don't like me (I know unbelievable!) but I am still nice to them, I still 'like' them.

The people who I don't really like I still treat well, but if they were to ask me straight out - "Do you like me?" I would have to say - No, not really, in the politest way possible of course. :D

Dragontongue

If you can't tell the difference, I think most people would assume that the one being nice to them liked them, since that's the most pleasant thing to believe. And if you know that the person you're being nice to is going to take it that way, then aren't you lying?

The nearest I can figure, it rather depends on your intent in maintaining polite interaction.

I am typically easy-going, polite, and friendly. Well, more accurately, people would typically describe me as being that way. I treat everyone that way as a matter of conscious choice. I have no responsibility for their interpretation of my behavior, do I? Therefore, I'm not being deceptive because I am just being me.

On the other hand, if I were to butter someone up by behaving more friendly than is typical in order to achieve some purpose, then I'm practicing a shameful deception.

All of which doesn't answer your question, exactly. I'm not very good at situational ethics.

Love your enemies is practical advise on an esoteric level. After all, if you are kind to someone who dislikes you, he or she may change his or her mind about not liking you. If you are true to your consciously good nature, you will not have reason to feel guilty over your actions. And so on.

I have known many people, whom I could not stand, who thought I positively adored them. Is it my responsibility to correct them? Would it hurt them to know they are wrong?

By pretend to like someone, do you mean actually indicating (unequivocally) that you do like them or do you mean behaving civilly and politely. I should think that makes all the difference to your answer.

I really can't actually answer this question because if there is one thing that genuinely confuses me it's situational ethics. I tend to follow black and white rules.

Thanks for the input, everybody! You gave me a lot to think about! :)

Sorry for the late response, btw--my sister wanted her laptop back. (She's such a good sibling, letting me use it as much as she does!)