Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Was I sexually abused at one point?

I really don't want to monopolize the responses here, but I want you to start sorting this out as fast as you can. I know it's worrisome to consider at all. And I forgot the important question at the end: What do I do?

Another thing for you to think about is that there is a lot of information on the internet that is useless. I think this forum is a good place to start asking questions, particularly because there is some professional interest and commentary in the content, and also because most posters seem to be driven to give useful responses.

You may consider reading this article by Elizabeth Loftus which addresses the questions:

(a) How common is it for memories of child abuse to be repressed? (b) How are jurors and judges likely to react to these repressed memory claims? (c) When the memories surface, what are they like? and (d) How authentic are the memories?

http://faculty.washington.edu/eloftus/Articles/lof93.htm

Unlike yahoo groups answers or special interests sites, this is a scholarly article covering your topic. It is as unbiased as you are likely to find and based on current research and evidence rather than conjecture.

I suggest you read it and then think about it for a few hours or few days to let it digest. And then ask yourself again ... why am I having these dreams about my father?