Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: depression

Hexi
That is actually quite interesting. I sometimes tend to interject in events, just to see how the outcome differs from my original assesment with no material gain, purely for amusement.

I forbid myself to interject.

Hexi
Another point is that, instead of wanting to change the world i smile when i see where it's headed, how people scream that someone should do something, always expecting someone else to save them and this disgusts me but it is ironic at the same time. If people woulnd't be selfish, ignorant cowards they, themselves, could change the world to be a beatiful place. There wouldn't be a single starving, homeless or curably sick person in the world. Heck, US could accomplish this with the money they've spent on the occupations.

The point of this is, the change has to be collective.

Yes, sometimes I smile. I am comforted by the familiarity, by the predictability, sometimes even by the futility of it all. But it is not a malicious smile (with me) it is more a smile as if I were sharing a joke with the universe. And sometimes I wonder why no one else around me got the joke.

unknown

I forbid myself to interject.

You're missing out on hilarity, just remember to be subtle.

Yes, sometimes I smile. I am comforted by the familiarity, by the predictability, sometimes even by the futility of it all. But it is not a malicious smile (with me) it is more a smile as if I were sharing a joke with the universe. And sometimes I wonder why no one else around me got the joke.

It's the inherent absurdity of it all. I like absurd and over-the-top humour.

LOL:)

I like absurd humor a great deal too. It's amusing, like I think the definition of amusing indicates it should feel, if you know what I mean.

Grosse Point Blank is maybe one of the funniest movies in the world to me.