Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Life and Love in the Here and Now

Hexi
So ecco's posts reaffirm your own beliefs? I actually agree with him on many occasions, i meant that i find his way of elaborating everything to the max boring. Maybe it's because i've studied journalism, purely on amateur basis, and gotten "used" to keeping it "short and to the point" and thus find it somewhat annoying spending 10 minutes to read what could be a single paragraph. Oh well, i didn't mean it offensively to anyone, i was just curious.

I doubt anyone took offense to that :) While I reserve the right to suggest his thoughts don't resonate with yours, I now see more what you were saying, perhaps.

I, too, tend to be very verbose because our words are so limited. A short statement can contain an inordinate amount of meaning, but unless one's audience is inclined to really think - I mean as in consider all the nuances that the statement brings to the table - the majority of the meaning is lost.

Consider the man who asks his teacher, "Teacher, why do I always end up with useless women who just use me and leave me?" The teacher replies, "Dogs hunt b*tches." The man may think, then, that all women are just that way. The enlightened man may think, then, that something about his own behaviour attracts the sort of women one doesn't take home to mother.

Goodness, I go to pick my daughter up from school, and you all got quite wordy! I'll have to catch up on the rest of this thread after homework.

unknown

Consider the man who asks his teacher, "Teacher, why do I always end up with useless women who just use me and leave me?" The teacher replies, "Dogs hunt b*tches." The man may think, then, that all women are just that way. The enlightened man may think, then, that something about his own behaviour attracts the sort of women one doesn't take home to mother.

The second example is exactly how i would take it and is exactly how i communicate with people. It works for me as it's easy to weed out people who are simple and those that actually think.

EDIT: I also understand it's a terrible way to communicate purely by text as many meanings are conveyd through tone of voice, body language and pronunciation.

Hexi
What i said is how i see "pure. unconditional love". I understand it, intellectually, but i have never felt it or anything close to it. I see it as an idle fantasy, an ideal.

Here is a short, concise statement which is difficult to "understand." Is this due to a difference in our languages or how we see the world or what? I don't know.

I can say, and mean it entirely, that pure, unconditional love is an ideal, but I could never say that it is an idle fantasy.

Even before I knew what love was on a personal level, I believed in the idea of it, recognized the great wisdom of humanity and considered it an ideal, and ultimately learned to experience it in my life. None of which would have been possible had I written it off as an idle fantasy in the beginning.

Toby
Ecce, how did you get to be so... I don't know.. your answers are just so... kind of... you know what I mean. Wisdom-ous (?)… Did you just suddenly one day become enlightened…

Wisdom-ous! Awesome. I love the creation of new words!

I pretty much answered this question in my comment to Unknown. I didn’t start out looking for truth, but in the end, truth is what I found.

And by the way Toby, you are just as “enlightened” as I am. Another truth that I have come to see is that everyone is equally “enlightened”. Everyone sees what I see because everyone is “that”. In fact, there is no everyone in the ultimate sense. There is only One and It always sees Itself. Neither I, nor Unknown nor anyone else is special. The only thing stopping everyone from seeing who they are is their belief in ego (the thoughts most people mistake for their self).

And by the way Toby, you are just as “enlightened” as I am. Another truth that I have come to see is that everyone is equally “enlightened”. Everyone sees what I see because everyone is “that”. In fact, there is no everyone in the ultimate sense. There is only One and It always sees Itself. Neither I, nor Unknown nor anyone else is special. The only thing stopping everyone from seeing who they are is their belief in ego (the thoughts most people mistake for their self).

That's a nice way of thinking. :)

Wisdom-ous! Awesome. I love the creation of new words!

Thanks! I was going to say Wisdom-full, but that would've just been stupid... LOL

Neither I, nor Unknown nor anyone else is special.

Oh! :-(

The only thing stopping everyone from seeing who they are is their belief in ego (the thoughts most people mistake for their self).

Yes, I agree with you there.