Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "When[...]"

Self-Diagnosis then?

I cry at Tom Hanks movies too, they're like torture...

I never said I was a psychopath.

I know, I thought you were DragonTongue....

Anyway... What do you think about the Bible, or the Qu'ran? Bull****?

Well it's not as you say it is, it may be just another one of a handful of people's attempt at peace and other people deciding to take advantage of this attempt.

That's a guess, right?

If it is as you say it is, it's still a good thing, as it has brought peace, right?
Moop

We can not tell for certain. So uh, what's "Moop""

I'm not too sure, I just thought I would put that word in there somewhere... I am an idiot.

What do you think about psychopaths? In general?

They are an amusing niche of my "Study". But as people and not subjects, they sure are fun to watch hunt their prey as well as spend time with.

The Catalyst
When did I change my religion? Did I change my religion? Or did I make my own?

Since the age of five I have believed in God, but from then to now, I have been hackin' and whackin' and smackin' away at the belief systems under the concept of God(Christianity, Catholicism and what-have-you). I have set aside all the illogical parts of these religions(NOT A PARADOX). Parts have been added as well, it focuses mainly on finding life's lessons for yourself through your own perception and not some book.

Funny, i told my mother that religion is stupid and made no sense at that age (5). She was so proud of me, coming from an orthodox family herself. I think it spun from my grandfathers funeral, where i asked the priest "who made god, and why should i care?" and got no viable answer. Don't get me wrong though, i enjoy religious people immensly, it's so easy to make them go "i can't hear you! lalalalala!" or use circular logic to justify it.

Good for you.
I got that alot when I was very small, before I was a Christian. I would ask someone a religious question and I would get a ton of riddles and double meaning crap.
And so often when I would ask how people can be sure that the Bible is 100% real, I would get the response - "Because it is" and that is the response I would always get.

If you actually have any questions on religion, your welcome to ask, I will try and answer them to the best of my ability.

Would you be shocked if i said "no"? Religion is what it is and people need to get over it.

Not really. That kind of response was basically what I expected from you, it's fine.
Get over it? In what way do you mean that?

Toby
Not really. That kind of response was basically what I expected from you, it's fine.
Get over it? In what way do you mean that?

Exactly as i said it, though it wasn't direceted at you specifically. It's your right, as an individual mind, to believe what you want. I don't care what you believe in and most certainly you don't care that i don't care. It's fine to discuss anything and everything, it's how new ideas are born but people get way, way too emotional over something as subjective as religion. Those that do, need to get over it and accept that there is no "right" view of god, the tooth fairy or the magical, invisible teapot that orbits the moon.

I care that you don't care. I don't disregard the fact you don't care.

If you told be right now you had converted to Islam, of course I would care, how callous do you think I am?

I think Whitewolf or someone said "It doesn't matter anyway, you don't care about psychopaths...."
WTF? Yes I do..... What reason would I have for not caring?

Toby
I care that you don't care. I don't disregard the fact you don't care.

See, this is another peculiar thing. For me, things that don't affect me personally mean absolutely nothing. I can discuss them but on a personal level, i don't care, at all. If... let's say the continent of Africa vanished i would talk about it with people, but i wouldn't lose my sleep or anything. :)

let's say the continent of Africa vanished

Yeah, but no-one really likes Africa... :)
No, I'm joking.
If right now on the news it said "Africa has vanished" I wouldn't lose sleep either, really...
But If I went to Africa and saw the state the people were in, then, I would be emotional.

You don't affect me personally, but I still care. I still treat you the same as I would any other person.