Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Why do men find lesbians attractive?

I never thought I'd see the day that "Twilight" rammed it's way into this forum...

LOL
It got into here before - "The most famous psychopath of all time... Edward Cullen" -
So what do you think Catalyst? Why do you think men find lesbians attractive? Do you? :P

I hadn't noticed, it probably got quickly buried underneath everything else. Anyway, scenes of strictly female sex does not effect me as much as seeing a male and female, thus I can not give you a reason.

Obiosuly a man and a women would be more attractive, that's nature... But you don't find lesbians attractive, at all?

Huh? I said it did.

I've had too many... Ignore some thinls I say... :)

So, why do you think that they attract you?

Should I ignore all that?

Probably best, yeah. :)

Very well.

i'm a girl. i like seeing men get it on. but more the kissing and not so much the penetration bit. as long as they are naked, not like in some lame soap opera.

I think a highly sexualized male will find any situation with lesbians involved a turn on ... if one woman is good, two is certainly better. I suspect that for most men, lesbians are only attractive when they are feminine and willing to let a man watch them or possibly join them. For most men, my theory is that lesbian scenes provoke a visceral response in the human male animal to procreate ... if one woman is good, two is certainly better.

I've been asking men this question for the majority of my life. Of all the thousands of responses I've gotten, they all seem to boil down to this basic premise: Anything that arouses a woman sexually is likely to make her want to have sex with me. Therefore, if two women are aroused together, they will be more likely to have sex with me. Therefore, lesbians are hot ... if one woman is good, two is certainly better.

No.

You were halfway there till you completely failed with the "they'll have sex with me" part.

To see two sexy women loving on eachother is hot. To a woman it would be like two of their fantasy men getting it on. Cause of that fire and passion they create. To know they could arouse these feelings in you.

It's what people masterbate to. It gets them off. Toby probably thinks about his wife getting it on with another woman would be hot. All married men eventually bore of their partner and want to add excitement. Either that or their wife cheat on them... Toby.

I'm a woman, and I do not find anything about two men, fantastically hot or not, exciting. Perhaps some women do.

Are you suggesting that all people masterbate [sic] to fantasies involving a couple of opposite sex people? While I am very used to being the exception to the rule in an awful lot of cases, I doubt this is such a case.

"All married men eventually bore of their partner and want to add excitement."

I'd like to argue with that statement, but I suppose out of respect to the thread starter, this thread is not really the place for it. Pity.

unknown

I'd like to argue with that statement, but I suppose out of respect to the thread starter, this thread is not really the place for it. Pity.

Considering the thread starter hasn't posted once since the op, with the same name atleast, there is little cause for that. Also, every man gets bored of having sex with the same woman eventually. It's our very nature. Humans are NOT polygamist (if it's written like that in English) by nature. It's another morally "right" thing people have come up with, for whatever reason.

I believe you mean to say that humans are not monogamous by nature. ;)

I'm not aware of any proof that men are more likely to become bored with a relationship and cheat than women are.

I do know of more than one man who has not gotten bored of having sex with the same woman (in one case in over 55 years so far).

Monogamy is not a function of religion, necessarily, either. For some, it is a function of learning. In my experience it is the conclusion you come to when you have exhausted hedonism. Based on casual observation of the people I have encountered in my lifetime, a monogamous relationship seems to be the goal of nearly every normal human being out there.

Why some "normal" people fail to maintain such a relationship has a whole lot more to do with maturity and self-realization than boredom, I'll wager.

English isn't my first language so i'm not what the hell am i writing most of the time. Anyways, i didn't mean men explicitly, men just give in more easily, i'd wager.

Monogamous is what we are told is the "right" way to go. People pretend to hold up to that ideal but very few actually live by it. A vast majority of relationships also end strictly because the sex is not what we want but are too ashamed to admit it, so we make up excuses.

I would argue that in a society where women are repressed, men cheat significantly more readily than the women do. However, in a country like the US, Canada, or the UK, I suspect you find that men and women cheat equally in terms of percentages of each sex who cheat. That's a function of survival, clearly.

So, a vast majority of your relationships ended strictly because the sex no longer thrilled you? The majority of mine ended because the other person's brain no longer thrilled me - what I had mistakenly thought was a rational and intelligent person turned out to be yet another drooling, hormone driven dullard. Of course, that affected the sex, but wasn't the *real* impetus behind severing the relationship.

I have been married for 20 years now. My husband is a perfect fit for me - not sexually (although that's perfectly good between us) but psychologically. Together, we are more than we would be separately. I have no problem living up to the monogamous ideal because I benefit more from my marriage than I would without it. (and so does my spouse)

I've learned through trial and error that a monogamous relationship is a valuable thing. I could explain why that is, particularly to someone like me (a sociopath), but I'm sure I'd bore you to tears. Suffice it to say, my reasoning is not based on anything Jesus might have said (or Mohammed or anyone else).

General boredom is what has led me to end all my relationships. When a person stops being stimulating, i move on. i wasn't projecting my own experiences to anything.

You find value in it, i find it boring. Also, i'm actually quite interested in your reasoning for sustaining a relationship. Unless it's means to keep the charade up. If that is the case then i can see the benefit of it, even though i woulnd't operate in the same manner. Maybe it's because you're a woman (unless i misunderstood you), so it's socially more easy to be in a relationship. Especially if your spouse is aware and accepts the fact that you will never feel anything "deeper" for them.

When someone no longer interests or amuses me, I stop knowing them. I think the closest I can come to understanding love is the feeling I have for my spouse. I continue to prefer to know him - day after day, week after week, year after year.

You're a bit of a sexist, there, aren't you? ;) It's no easier to be in or out of a relationship, socially speaking, for a female - at least not in my country.

There are many practical reasons for staying married - if you have children, it's better for them; if you work together, you'll get further along financially than if you lived alone your whole life; you've always got a dependable and reliable friend at your back no matter what you do; etc, etc, etc.

In my case, however, the important thing is the balance we provide each other. I see the patterns in people's behaviour and can mimic them. He actually understands why they do what they do. I find overly emotional people to be weak, as a general rule. He is very emotional but never weak. I "fit in" because I follow a strict code of rules that I developed for myself after finally recognizing what behaviours empaths see as good and which they see as bad. Rules based on what my mother taught me, what I admired about interesting people along the way, what I've analyzed and determined to be "for the greater good" - but what are still just rules for me. They carry no real meaning, and if I changed all the rules, it wouldn't disturb me overly. I've learned over my life that when I break my rules, bad things happen to me, and when I follow them, good things happen to me. My rules appear to be the same rules as those my husband lives by, but there's something fascinatingly confusing to me about his rules. They change based on every situation, and yet ... bad things rarely if ever happen to him.

Do you remember Plato and his treatment of forms? I believe in the concept of the ideal and always seek to reach the perfect form of anything on which I bother to focus my attention. So, while you may say marriage is useless, I say you haven't experienced a true marriage and can't know that - empirically speaking.

In other words .... Many, many people get in relationships, but few ever truly relate to another. Many, many people get married, but few ever experience a marriage. My marriage works because we are at once both polar opposites and mirror images of each other - we are more than the sum of our parts.

Ah, i see your reasons and in hindsight, it did come out a bit sexists, though it wasn't meant as such :P I just prefer my independence over the pros and i'm too paranoid to trust anyone without incentive to not let me down when it counts, it's what i would do afterall. If i need help in whatever i have 2 older brothers to go to who i've gotten to feel guilty about picking on me when i was young, so they won't refuse.

Or maybe i just haven't met anyone who will keep me amused long enough, heh. Why are strong, intelligent women so rare :(

For exactly the same reason strong, intelligent men are so rare ...... people are, generally speaking, sniveling, useless, brainless beasts ;)

Yeah, i hear you :)

Yes! Say more please.

Ah, what a relief. At last a conversation not dominated by the absurd psychopathic claims of superiority and the ridiculous ensuing flame wars.

To be honest, I was thinking of closing this Forum down because the psychopath ego trips and the counter-arguments were getting very boring (and this is my dime).

Enough about and from psychopaths. Enough about psychopathic fantasies of power and prestige. Enough fantasies of all the would be psychopaths. Nothing really wrong with being a psychopath or being a psychopath groupie (Toby), but reading about it does get old fast, and a little of it goes a long way. I never intended this space to be psychopath central.

Enough of the god bull**** too. That conversation never goes anywhere. If you like bronze age mythology, fine, but please don't try to defend it. Be honest with yourself: you believe it because you are afraid to die, and like imagining a so-called "afterlife." What a crock. The talking snake and all the rest of it is obvious nonsense. Even little children reject it.

Please, let's discuss life and love in the here and now, not who is better than whom. When you claim superiority you confess your fear of inferiority. A first year psychology student knows that much.

Be honest with yourself: you believe it because you are afraid to die, and like imagining a so-called "afterlife."

I'm not afraid of death, but I am in no hurry to die.

If you like bronze age mythology, fine, but please don't try to defend it.

Fair enough.

Even little children reject it.

Little children also believe in a flying fat man delivering various gifts.

Please, let's discuss life and love in the here and now, not who is better than whom.

Great idea!

Toby

Little children also believe in a flying fat man delivering various gifts.

That's an interesting statement to me. When I had my first child, my husband and I discovered our first philosophical difference. I had no intention of perpetuating the Santa myth because I did not want to lie to my children.

I did want the Santa effect and had every intention of placing presents around the tree and in his stocking on Christmas morning with no tags to indicate from whom they came, but I was not going to say these things came from a silly fat man delivered via the chimney. I mean, really, that's absurd.

The point of the Santa concept, to my mind, is to give you an opportunity to give a present to someone unconditionally - there are no strings attached as there is no real giver involved. It's a true gift - one which requires no follow up or reciprocal action.

My husband was very strongly in favor of Santa as a real entity. I never once told them Santa did not exist, but when asked where the presents came from, I always replied, "From someone who loves you very much." I didn't betray his desire to continue with Santa, but neither did I betray my sense that lying to my children was definitely wrong.

All of that preamble was to say this: only one of my three children ever believed in Santa. I have one child of moderately above average to average intelligence and two who are of genius level intelligence. Go figure. ;)

I didn't want to tell my children that Santa existed at first, but my wife managed to persuade me. -_-

I have one child of moderately above average to average intelligence and two who are of genius level intelligence. Go figure. ;)

:)

"From someone who loves you very much."

I say that kind of thing all the time, it's not exactly telling the truth, but it's not lying. :)

Toby
I didn't want to tell my children that Santa existed at first, but my wife managed to persuade me. -_-

That's precisely why I married my husband. He's the only man I've ever met who could win an argument with me - not an argument of reason and facts but one of opinion - one relating to "the-meaning-of-life" sort of concepts - like this sort of argument would be. Something causes me to stop and consider his point of view might be right for some esoteric reason I cannot fathom.

I love my wife; we can have arguments, or 'heated debates', forgive eachother, get along, and start again. :)

Gets on my nerves, but I really can't remember a time I've won an argument with her, I'll often keep arguing long after I realise I have lost... :)

Great post, Doctor R. I check in here everyday and was also getting very tired of the proud, boastful so-call psychopaths. As you said, Doctor, nothing wrong with being a psychopath. . . that's just the way you were born. But when swagger and show off about your "freedom", it is obvious to everyone that you are completely hung up on yourself and your supposed "superiority" which really means you are afraid that you are just another ordinary idiot.

And the rest of you begging whitewolf not to leave. What a bunch of asslickers. No wonder wolf feels so special, you are all licking his ass for him.

I asked him not to leave as I find him interesting, funny and I enjoy (most) of his random posts.

ricardo ganas
What a bunch of asslickers

You're well spoken!

Thanks, Toby. You are not too bad yourself.

Right on, Unknown. Say more please.

Toby probably thinks about his wife getting it on with another woman would be hot.

Honestly? Yes, I do. :o)

Either that or their wife cheat on them... Toby.

Eh.

Well perhaps it's just for more sexual creatures. Sex is a pleasure to most. Something that should be enjoyed. I'm sure Arab women disagree. They get fixed just to make sure they don't get out of hand. How sad. Then again.. Most of the world is MAE dominated. Asian nations, India, all the muslims, south America and even Africa but thats no surprise.

So really where you come from determines many aspects of how you interput things. Meaning.. weren't not all going to agree on anything and even if we did our perception of that agreement would be different. To each their own.

But I know that most of you are somewhat of a western culture.