Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: friend committed adultery...

Just try letting him know that if he needs to talk that you are there for him. I'm not to good with advice, try asking Ecce Homo, he should be good with this type of question. :)

**** off toby

What? You obviously aren't Whitewolf, he leaves an email and he wouldn't randomly tell me to f--ck off, with no good reason.

Toby
What? You obviously aren't Whitewolf, he leaves an email and he wouldn't randomly tell me to f--ck off, with no good reason.

Good call, Toby. I'm glad you were smart enough to know that wasn't me.

Thank you. :-)

Hey John, hows it going?

Do you need to approach him? Has he told you about this extra relationship or did you find out some other way?

If I were in your shoes and I discovered that my seemingly happily married friend had a sexual relationship with someone other than his wife, I would choose to be a listening ear for him. I would choose to be the opposite of judgmental. If he wanted, he could feel free to unburden himself in my presence, knowing that his thoughts and feelings are safe with me. And I would communicate in some way, shape or form that he has my love, come what may.

That is, if he approached me. I don’t know that I’d be so quick to approach him about something he hasn’t shared with me on his own. Then again, that would depend on the kind of relationship you have with him. It could be that in the case of you and this guy, you know that it would be perfectly ok with him for you to approach him about something you’ve heard about him and his marriage. I don’t know.

Thanks for the advice/confirmation Ecce. We're close enough that I did approach him and offered my ear and shoulder. Thanks for your response.

No problem John. It sounds like it worked out. I'm glad it did!