Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The most known psycopath of this time: Edward Cullen.

People with Antisocial disorder are all over our society. Some of them are the most attractive (edward cullen, the sex symbol for millions of girls) they are the best comedians for some people with sarcastic sense of humor (all the sociopaths in its always sunny in philadelphia tv series) and they have been in the best politics positions.

But today, i want to share my thoughts on edward cullen. i wrote an article in my blog about him (but its in spanish, my 1st language as you can see my bad english) and it received hundreds of critics on twilight blogs, forums, girls, etc.

Edward Cullen is the most attractive guy in the earth in this moment for most of young girls, they see in him a confident, masculine personality with a touch of a gentlemen. but he is just a psychopath! he covers all of his narcisism, possessiveness, selfish, abusive personality with the bad mask of love.

why did i wrote about this? because i noticed how young girls of this time are confusing signs of abuse, dependence and jealous with love. not that i am a good and nice guy, but i like to talk and analyse psycopaths. in fact, i learned a lot from edward cullen, and i learned how not to be seen as a jerk and be seen as a loving guy. it has more benefits :D. as all things you can use this for positive stuff (maybe warning to your children about psychos, or someone you love) or for selfish purposes (manipulate low-selfestime women).

Jealousy. one of the things that a girl must know is that being jealous has nothing to do with love. jealousy is most of the times created by one of the deepest personality traits of a man (possesiveness) with the lack of confidence. edward cullen is just so jealous of the wolf guy, justifing himself with "i do this to protect you". is that love?

He is always taking decisions for her, he makes her doing whatever he want, he decides witch people should she hang out, he is willing to use his strenght to stop her seeing jacob "i will stop you" and stealing a part of her truck so she cant go to see him... and all of his words instead of being romantic are very possesive "i want that the world knows that you are mine and from no one else" and i could continue with this list but i dont want to make it so long.

and how she sees all of this? she feels so bad and feels like she is the one screwing it up and she blames on herself.

its sick how an dead emotion like this can be hidden with the mask of love. theres a lot of difference between obsession and love.

but know that i think better, the character bella had already a pathetic life before him. so maybe some people are just made to be manipulated and be used as toys.

Re: The most known psycopath of this time: Edward Cullen.

Funny. Team Cullen would eat you alive for this heresy Diego.

Technically speaking though, Edward is not a psychopathic character per se. He feels way too much guilt and angst about his so called love for Bella. Remember, at least one threshold definition for psychopathy has to be the absence of guilt/remorse. Edward is overloaded with misplaced guilt. That is the whole point of his character. All that exquisite pain he endures just because he loves a human girl. The teeny bopper girls love it, morons that most of them are. You are right about in implying that in reality, this character would be a pain in the ass to be in a relationship with! He is a tool of the highest order.

How do I know about Edward Cullen? I admit it. I have read the Twilight books. And yes, I enjoyed them. So there!

Twilight? Serious? From the 2 posts in this thread, hmmm... I never knew that about Edward apart from a bit of tidbits here and there. Then again, I haven't read the books yet since I first want to read the Necroscope vampire series by Brian Lumley. =P

But it sounds like such a character would be really annoying to be with, from Diego's description. He sounds fairly dangerous because highly possessive folks tend to go really berserk whenever they don't get their way.

And yes, I agree it is very easy for young women to mistake possessiveness with pure adoration and love. It's a pity because some actually end up with utterly abusive boyfriends and pay a price for it.

Dee
It's a pity because some actually end up with utterly abusive boyfriends and pay a price for it.

Call me cold, but really, in my opinion, it is not a pity. They have a right to be surprised when he slaps them the first time, but if they are still with the guy afterwards, then they have no one to blame but themselves when he slaps them a second, third and fourth time.

Daniel Birdick
Dee
It's a pity because some actually end up with utterly abusive boyfriends and pay a price for it.

Call me cold, but really, in my opinion, it is not a pity. They have a right to be surprised when he slaps them the first time, but if they are still with the guy afterwards, then they have no one to blame but themselves when he slaps them a second, third and fourth time.

Well, it takes an iron will for someone to break away from everything they have been brought up with(that "the male is always right", "never say no", "be a good girl" etc.) for their entire life. Or to go against their own character if they're naturally subservient or weak-willed. Still, it's not an issue of gender as there are also males stuck with abusive women.

I say it's a pity because a country's strength depends on what type of citizens they have and their caliber. It's true that most people will not be geniuses but with the right factors like education and training, they can still do a lot of great things.

Still I agree that... if they are still hanging around with the person after a period of abuse, I can't offer much or any pity.