Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Internal struggles

Daniel Birdick
Dee:

In the spirit of the title of this thread, do you struggle with feelings of cynicism on the one hand and a desire to feel more idealistic on the other?

Sometimes, yes. It's utterly frustrating and annoying 'cos I already have a ton of psychological issues to deal with. It's like... sometimes, I wish things were more "ideal" but deep down, having seen what cruelty and horrors the world and I can be capable of, it's like "that's just a silly whim".

I've been working at not reaching for any set of ideals, though. As in: accepting me as who I am(which in turn will affect how I see the world). The rest of the world can go to hell. But there's a long way to go.

And oh yes, I can be cynical which tends to trouble some people and even me.

Why do you ask, though?

Lega: ROFL... right, right. Wow, another one of those suckers who get taken in by Christianity. Don't get me wrong, it's an okay religion but it's outdated and more suited for an agricultural-based society, not a society based on science and information data. There are simply no ethics within the Bible, I believe, regarding animal cloning, cyberspace and other forms of digital data. It's got nothing about biology, physics, etc., etc.

You are right: I'm only an observer because I have far too many problems right now. The other day, I had to exercise all my self-control not to kill someone. So excuse me while I try to be nice and not become a murderer, eh? :) Because I've got certain problems that would likely make it much, much easier for my sadism to surface but I've no wish to get executed, you know. Guilt and conscience I do have though but it seems my brain can sometimes override them or something.

Dee
Sometimes, yes. It's utterly frustrating and annoying 'cos I already have a ton of psychological issues to deal with. It's like... sometimes, I wish things were more "ideal" but deep down, having seen what cruelty and horrors the world and I can be capable of, it's like "that's just a silly whim".

And there in is the “dilemma”, although I’m guessing it isn’t that much of a burden for you. I don’t know if this is true of you or not, but I’ve discovered that there is much truth to that old saw that says that cynics are just disappointed idealists. Any residual anger in your cynicism might in fact be your unrequited passion for lofty ideals and the promise of the existence of “something better and more” that normals so enthusiastically (desperately?) pass on to their unsuspecting children.

Have you been deeply hurt by life?

I ask because I think this is in kinda/sorta keeping with the title of the thread. Granted, Whitewolf is obviously talking about something else, but what the Hades? Speaking of…

Wow, another one of those suckers who get taken in by Christianity.

Poor Xtianity. It often gets the brunt end of our derision, doesn’t it? Then again, it’s one of those religions that has earned it the old fashioned way. Twisting poor young Lega’s mind is a perfect case in point. Even though his command of English as a second language is poor, I imagine he is probably a smart young man. It is a shame to see yet another keen intelligence virtually ruined by irrational dogma. Not that religion can’t be a useful tool in the right hands…

Daniel Birdick
Dee
Wow, another one of those suckers who get taken in by Christianity.

Poor Xtianity. It often gets the brunt end of our derision, doesn’t it? Then again, it’s one of those religions that has earned it the old fashioned way. Twisting poor young Lega’s mind is a perfect case in point. Even though his command of English as a second language is poor, I imagine he is probably a smart young man. It is a shame to see yet another keen intelligence virtually ruined by irrational dogma. Not that religion can’t be a useful tool in the right hands…
OKEY sorry i not readed this before but now I does HAS to coment.

FIRST i does says im NOT christian so YOURS is wrong. i DOES knows god does EXIST and help peoples BECAUSE i does experience god MYSELF. why GOD does cares about if you DOES pray to HIM in with HAND crossed and SITING or does cares IF them peoples pray in WITH standing and HAND down in MINDS?

AND doesnt INTELIGENCE not matters in PEOPLES. it their HEART. i DOES NOT ruined inteligence and im NOT young man i DOES 39 year OLD from ENGLAND. no ONE does twisteing mine MIND. not them RELIGIONS and many RELIGONS be real and they DOES speaks to GODS so doesnt INSULTS them. you does SHOULD learnted from THEM instead. like i DID sayed before GOD does exists and DOES can help. and i DOES means it.

ALSO im doesnt BLAMES you because im DOES imagines your be a smart young MAN too. and i DOESNT judges people. only GOD does can judge. and it NOT mater what you BE you can still CHANGES. i DID sayed before this and i DOES say again: it can HELPS to go CHURCH for EXAMPLE.

i DOES forgive you for insult me.
~Lega

Lega
FIRST i does says im NOT christian so YOURS is wrong.

Although you are correct in pointing out that you never explicitly said that you were a Xtian, it was a fair assumption on our part given that you mention the benefits of “going to church” several times in this thread. Usually Xtians are the only ones who talk like that, not atheists or Muslims or Buddhists, etc. But still, that doesn’t prove you are a Xtian, does it? Fair enough.

im NOT young man i DOES 39 year OLD...

I’ve known people who were the epitome of senior citizenship and had the mentality of a child. There is more than one way to be “young” Lega.

no ONE does twisteing mine MIND. not them RELIGIONS and many RELIGONS be real and they DOES speaks to GODS so doesnt INSULTS them. you does SHOULD learnted from THEM instead. like i DID sayed before GOD does exists and DOES can help. and i DOES means it.

Good for you. From what I can understand about what you are saying though, your mind is as twisted as every other true believer. You equate personal religious experience with what must be objectively true for everyone else. People high on drugs also report having fabulous experiences involving all kinds of invisible beings. So do some schizophrenics. But here’s a clue for you. (Yeah, I’m nice like that. I’m giving clues away for free today.) If you are the only person who can see or hear or experience this special something you call spiritual or god, then chances are good it’s because you are hallucinating. If no one else can experience precisely what you are experiencing at the time you are experiencing it, it makes more sense to assume that said experience is not coming from anywhere other than your own brain.

i DOES forgive you for insult me.

Awww! My heart melts with the “warmth” of your condescending and unsolicited mercy! Wait, I don’t have a heart. Never mind then. ;-)

Daniel Birdick
Although you are correct in pointing out that you never explicitly said that you were a Xtian, it was a fair assumption on our part given that you mention the benefits of “going to church” several times in this thread. Usually Xtians are the only ones who talk like that, not atheists or Muslims or Buddhists, etc. But still, that doesn’t prove you are a Xtian, does it?
NO
Lega
many RELIGONS be real and they DOES speaks to GODS

Daniel Birdick

I’ve known people who were the epitome of senior citizenship and had the mentality of a child. There is more than one way to be “young” Lega.
what you DOES means?
i DID thinked you did SAYED im a smart young MAN. if you DIDENT then im dont NEEDS to say what i DID. sory i DID probably readed wrong.
Daniel Birdick
Even though his command of English as a second language is poor, I imagine he is probably a smart young man.
i DID founded it. so you DID sayed that. dont LIES...

Daniel Birdick
Good for you. From what I can understand about what you are saying though, your mind is as twisted as every other true believer. You equate personal religious experience with what must be objectively true for everyone else. People high on drugs also report having fabulous experiences involving all kinds of invisible beings. So do some schizophrenics. But here’s a clue for you. (Yeah, I’m nice like that. I’m giving clues away for free today.) If you are the only person who can see or hear or experience this special something you call spiritual or god, then chances are good it’s because you are hallucinating. If no one else can experience precisely what you are experiencing at the time you are experiencing it, it makes more sense to assume that said experience is not coming from anywhere other than your own brain.
you DOES has proof GOD doesnt exists? im DOESNT uses DRUGS by the ways. what you MEANS personal? YOU just did sayed also peoples REPORTS having EXPERIENCE too. SO i not only ONE there be OTHERS who does experiences SAME so it canot be mine BRAIN only. and im doesnt NEEDS clues i DOESNT be schizophren. i DOES seen peoples like who DOSENT care about them EMOTION for EXAMPLES goes CURED when they does believes GOD. it maybe DOES be how peoples who DOES experiences GOD does has beter EMOTION too. that why you SHOULD does also. but i CANOT does FORCES you so you must comes asks FOR mine help...

Daniel Birdick

Awww! My heart melts with the “warmth” of your condescending and unsolicited mercy! Wait, I don’t have a heart. Never mind then. ;-)
DUDE if your DOESNT have heart you cant LIVES.. only can LIVES in heaven. and im DOESNT offer mercy, i DOES trys to be your FRIEND.

Daniel Birdick

And there in is the “dilemma”, although I’m guessing it isn’t that much of a burden for you. I don’t know if this is true of you or not, but I’ve discovered that there is much truth to that old saw that says that cynics are just disappointed idealists. Any residual anger in your cynicism might in fact be your unrequited passion for lofty ideals and the promise of the existence of “something better and more” that normals so enthusiastically (desperately?) pass on to their unsuspecting children.

Is it a burden? Hmmm... no idea, actually. I just try to deal with things as they come, ya know. But I do have bouts of depression at times, though my current research indicates that may be related more to nutrition and lifestyle. But it can be a bit of struggle, I guess.

Okay, I used to be a huge freaking idealist, geez... so "naiive" and so on. But I came to realize that there were many other point of views, in fact and that everyone tends to see things from their own perspective. It's natural: if one has no idea there's a "different world" out there, how can one be expected to even obtain any form of understanding of others?

By naiive, I mean a very “black and white” view of things, thinking that humans are terrible or brilliant just for doing certain things and so on. But it’s not like anyone has complete control over the kind of person they are, just as you and I did not make a decision to be either psychopath or normal. And sometimes, no matter what you do in life, the results are far from optimal.

And yep, I used to be humiliated and rejected for being really naiive but now I've gone past quite a few levels and I suspect now very few can understand me. It's frustrating: at wanting to be acknowledged and then, now I find out people will probably think I'm insane. Have you ever had people react in pure shock and revulsion at your thought system once they discover certain things about you? I have and it was a humbling and utterly revealing lesson about humans, group/mob behavior and psychology. It also taught me to be far more careful when revealing myself.

But I'm now more of a cynic after knowing what the world can do and what humans are capable of. I guess I was disappointed and horrified to discover that even I can be capable of harming others, should the right factors and events arise.

I’m also cynical because I now doubt and question others before accepting their viewpoints: what sort of logic did they use to make this decision, what kind of information and resources did they draw upon, what sort of perceptions affect their judgmental and rational abilities, did they consider how things stand from another’s viewpoint, did they think about the type of impact this decision will have on themselves and others, if this issue has happened before: did they look up historical accounts and try to learn from them, etc. At the same time, I also apply this “doubt and question” attitude to myself because how can I claim to understand others if I don’t try to understand myself? How dare I judge others if I don’t judge myself first? Many people just take too many things for granted but I’m determined not to follow the common path.

And plus, I now realize that there was never any ideal to begin with, just something someone hoped I'd succeed at fulfilling whatever they failed to achieve or didn't dare to achieve, in life. Though that does not stop me from looking up to people as ideals and wishing I could be them. Ugh... the habit of self-deception is hard to break out from.

No, I don’t feel much for ideals anymore. I find them kinda unbelievable and unattainable anyways. Rather than go for a “gold standard”, why not settle for a little less and be much happier in life? Though I have been only able to apply that thought to a few things so far.

As for why normals like to pass on ideals to their children, that’s a huge discussion I think. And this post is horrendously long already.

And well, my anger comes from different sources: I can be very self-centred and get angry when I don't get what I want, I can get upset at what I perceive to be unfairness towards me/others and get really angry when I'm feeling utterly cranky and someone I really dislike talks to me, etc., etc. It all depends on my moods and thoughts. Although I've attempted really hard to control everything, sometimes my control slips and I can be callous, vicious and hurt people or even myself. So no, my anger in life doesn’t come from my cycnisim alone in case you’re wondering. In fact, I think my anger comes from these examples and more and blends together. You know, like mixing colors?

Have you been deeply hurt by life?
I ask because I think this is in kinda/sorta keeping with the title of the thread. Granted, Whitewolf is obviously talking about something else, but what the Hades? Speaking of…

Deeply hurt by life? Sure! :) Lots of it, bullying, verbal abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, physical abuse, etc. I was forced to abuse myself and others for the pleasure and amusement of certain people. I think there were times when I passed life as a zombie 'cos I was shell-shocked from all that trauma. And as a result of all this abuse, something happened to my brain somewhere between the age of 9 to 12. And so, I found there was now something different with the way my brain reacted towards certain types of trauma and various things in life. There was actually a point in time when I'd to resort to self-torture(like burning my fingers) just to feel something apart from the emptiness, anguish, despair and a certain type of pain. Oh and btw, I was also mainly brought up as the opposite gender, in terms of certain types of thoughts, behaviours and education(just not dressing) which affected much of my personality until hormones kicked in. So for a long time, I just didn’t know what to be: male or female.

And oh yes, I was caught up in anguish, depression, sadness, etc. for many years as a result of all these things but I'm starting to recover from it quite well. Though I doubt I can fix whatever happened to my brains, ever. One day, I will get an MRI though, just out of curiosity.

How about you? Have you undergone any trauma before? Or any internal struggles before? This is likely an assumption but it must have been a revelation(or not) or even a struggle to realize that there

Heh... I don't really believe in any religion because only part of the views from many different faiths fit me. Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Wiccan(not the pagan version), , etc., etc. As a result, I don't really give a **** since I realized that i just don't care for many of those "old world" values.

Well, he’s just sorta denied he’s a Christian but then again, I didn’t really read through most of his/her posts which were really really hard to understand. It’s not just the bloody caps, it’s the way he/she keeps screaming. And I don’t really deal well with emotions. When I can, I prefer to be cold, analytical and really look at things. But it’s a struggle, the emotional side of me has to deal with that when it surfaces.

But want to know what I think about religions? I suspect that the doctrines and stuff were useful for explaining "occurences of nature", "workings of the human mind": stuff that humans required and demanded an explanation for, while they lacked the equipment, technology and methods for actually observing, recording and understanding them. These doctrines were also great for keeping the population in control: settling disputes, handling irregularities in bureaucracy/marriage/political issues, dictating how one could treat his property, etc. I guess most or all of those logics no longer seem rational to us because most of them have now been disproven by science and few people now own cows/goats/large plots of land and so forth. Although yes, religions can be good for unifying people in times of war, chaos and so forth. And in the hands of a capable ruler, they can bring forth a certain amount of peace to an unstable land. But then again, that’s just another tool and just another means.

Now, science is the new religion(where man is god and scientists are trusted and in important positions of society) though I think it'll take a few hundred years or more for something very concrete to spring up, as it has to reflect the society it will serve. Since almost every reclusive country will have opened up by then and since all societies are starting to converge, a new language will come forth and this religion will likely reflect that as well. However, an institute will eventually lose its original purpose and grow to serve itself after years of (in)stability. So, I guess it too will be dethroned by something else in the far distant future.

Bah… it’s past 12 a.m. and my head hurts. I really should write shorter posts in the future.

Dee
How about you? Have you undergone any trauma before? Or any internal struggles before? This is likely an assumption but it must have been a revelation(or not) or even a struggle to realize that there…

Ah, you didn’t finish. Even a struggle to realize that there are… what?

Trauma… Yes, I’d say so. Daddy dearest wasn’t exactly the sweetest father figure in the world. Mommy dearest, well meaning soul that she is, is one of those weak, neurotic women who lie to themselves about their husbands abusive behavior. My childhood was my “trauma”. But it does not bother me much anymore. I used to hate my father and did a few things to him to register my displeasure with him. But that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. I see him and her now and I get along with them just fine.

Internal struggles… I did go through a phase of trying to be normal. Not just act normal, which I’ve been doing for almost as long as I can remember, but actually be normal. I finally understand why that was never going to happen and that I should simply be myself in all my awesome glory. ;-)

Religion… What can I say about the history of religion? I’ve done a little light reading on the subject but for the most part, I don’t know how it came to be. It must have been very useful to the species as a whole though since it’s so ubiquitous. You pointed to the obvious uses. I think religion (and by religion, I mean faith or belief in the absence of evidence) will be with mankind for a long, long time to come. It managed to not only survive the Enlightenment here in the West, but to actually grow stronger and thrive in the modern world. Since that seems to be case, I suppose there is no good reason why smart people shouldn’t make use of religion for all the reasons you point out yourself. My only quibble with your comments was the part where you equate science with religion. Religion, as I define it and as it is popularly practiced, is belief in the absence of or even despite, evidence. Science is the exact opposite, which is why it’s proven so effective and reliable down through the centuries.

Bah… it’s past 12 a.m. and my head hurts. I really should write shorter posts in the future.

You apparently had a lot to say. You sounded angry in your post. You say you are also doing better. Maybe you are. At the very least, you are not whining about the unfairness of it all. Disney was right. I haven’t run into too many whiners on this forum, which is very nice. Good for you for deciding to at least try to face the world as it is rather than hide behind childish fantasies.

ok im DOES still WAITING for them WHITEWOLF to replies so i NOT wanted to post enything YET because i DID thinked it BE off TOPICS to replies to them COMMENTS. but i DOES wants to say SOMETHING to them POSTS DEE did posted.

WORLD doesnt destroyed in MANY years because GOD not let that happen so NOT worry about that. and AFRICA does needs helps i DOES think you IS right. but if you DOES says babies not BE born yours is DENY life. and i did LEARNTED that everything does ENDS GOOD so i will DOES promise i help AFRICA and them other COUNTRIES who does needs help. but THEM problems usualy BE that you dosent DO enything you does SAYS that no one DOES done enything about them BAD things but then you DOSENT do ENYTHING youself. i DOES will becommed PRESIDENT or OTHER LEADERS and when i does i GONA do enything to makes THINGS GOOD.

but i DOES not wants start DISCUSION about this because i DOES wants to WHITEWOLF answer mine POST.

Lega
ok im DOES still WAITING for them WHITEWOLF to replies so i NOT wanted to post enything YET because i DID thinked it BE off TOPICS to replies to them COMMENTS. but i DOES wants to say SOMETHING to them POSTS DEE did posted.

WORLD doesnt destroyed in MANY years because GOD not let that happen so NOT worry about that. and AFRICA does needs helps i DOES think you IS right. but if you DOES says babies not BE born yours is DENY life. and i did LEARNTED that everything does ENDS GOOD so i will DOES promise i help AFRICA and them other COUNTRIES who does needs help. but THEM problems usualy BE that you dosent DO enything you does SAYS that no one DOES done enything about them BAD things but then you DOSENT do ENYTHING youself. i DOES will becommed PRESIDENT or OTHER LEADERS and when i does i GONA do enything to makes THINGS GOOD.

but i DOES not wants start DISCUSION about this because i DOES wants to WHITEWOLF answer mine POST.

Why are you interested in me when Daniel seems so willing to answer your questions?

All the faith in the world won't change ah thing.

This person.. I would guess.. followed me from mytherapy.com? They don't like psychopaths at mytherapy.com. They get upset when we interact with others. They're afraid of our influence. Scared we will harm them. Sheep.

Whitewolf
All the faith in the world won't change ah thing.

This person.. I would guess.. followed me from mytherapy.com? They don't like psychopaths at mytherapy.com. They get upset when we interact with others. They're afraid of our influence. Scared we will harm them. Sheep.

what DOES you means when you DOES says OUR and WE? you DOES be in SOME organization? i DOES thinks organization SOMETIMES bad and maybe you SHOULD quited it. i DID hearded about THEM organization one TIMES and then they did ACTED bad but i DOSENT judge thems EITHER so they DOES can stil be SAVED too.

and i NEVER did VISITED that website and i DOES not afraid of YOUR or YOURS ORGANIZATION influence. i DOES not tells you MINE home ADDRESS so yours ORGANIZATION or YOUR canot touch ME so does not CAN harm either. but GOD does can touch you WHEREVER you does be. He not HARM but He DOES watches..

LOL

God doesn't make mistakes. Remember? So using the Bibles reasoning I am exactly who God intended me to be. No amount of prayer is going to make the blind see or the crippled walk. I am the 1% and I am proud of it. Be like you?! Why? You think my existance is suffering? I live a better life than you. I don't have guilt or regret. I don't have internal struggles. I don't lose sleep for anything. I'm not built to look back...

You can't comprehend what I am because you think everyone is like you. You're wrong and your judgement is impaired. You're way out of your league.

Stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

NOPE God DOSENT makes mistakes. YOU did maked mistakes. GOD did created you in BIRTH so you DOES has good and BAD insides you. MAYBE them GOD did sended me to HELP you. I dosent THINKS your existence BE suferring but ONLY because you DOSENT knows about MINE life. YOU dosent lives BETTER life then ME.

i DOES thinks you doesnt COMPREHENDS what I AM IS. YOURS them JUDGEMENT be imparied. and what YOU does talks about LEAGUE? and you DOSENT answers question what ORGANIZATION you does be TALKEING about either.

im DOES tries to CURES you so you DOES has BE more HAPINESS in LIFE. did you TRIED speakeing to YOURS family or GOD?

~Lega

Why are you on this forum Whitewolf? Just curious.

As for Lega: I dont understand the function of you preaching on this forum at all.

Disney
Why are you on this forum Whitewolf? Just curious.

As for Lega: I dont understand the function of you preaching on this forum at all.

I'm here because this place interests me. It's rare a psycho can walk into any situation and not get strange looks. Here it appears to be accepted. A nice change.

Lega, you may have noble intent but let it go. :-)

Hey Daniel,

LOL indeed. I actually read the entirety of this site before you were on it ( and I just by accident or opportunity thought Id have a look again and found all your posts). I especially enjoyed the ask dr robert archives, there are some pretty **** existential questions being asked that you never get to read anywhere else and its without the need for attention or acting interesting; just plain confessions and help seeking and thanks to Dr. Robert's policy its to the point. I really respect the way dr. robert is capable of explaining whatever without moral judgement but his pieces still sound personal and involved. I enjoy this site better than the other one cause its more real and more... intelligent, basically. The discussion between the 2 of you was really interesting but you checking whether the doctor wasnt trying to win anything really cracked me up. Come on.

I thought you moved south though? How is your new path working out?

Ciao.

Daniel, i just googled your name ( ofcourse I know its fake but thats just the kind of person I am), and I found some discussion on a site called topix where someone used my alias and yours I think, or was that you for real? As you asked somewhere whether it was me ( its getting rather complicated now): no, that wasnt me...

Disney
The discussion between the 2 of you was really interesting but you checking whether the doctor wasnt trying to win anything really cracked me up… Come on.

LOL. Hey, I had to ask, no? I still do not believe that most people are beyond the motivation to aggrandize themselves in one way or the other, no matter what they call it or how they dress it up. The reasons people give to themselves for saying/doing things matters less than the results of said words/actions, and that applies to our dearly devoted doctor as well. Why not? He’s human isn’t he? (Btw doc, if you are reading this, no insult is intended. I merely make observations based on what I believe is true about human nature in general and not to stir up negative feelings in you, as if I could anyway.)

I enjoy this site better than the other one cause its more real and more... intelligent, basically.

Come on. I think ME does a good job of articulating his experience of what he thinks of sociopathy. It’s all personal since it’s a blog, but it is also thoughtful. More importantly for my purposes, he provided an angle on this consciencelessness business that I did not know existed. It was very illuminating for me.

I thought you moved south though? How is your new path working out?

I did move South. Not permanently though, as I expect to be going home in March. My family’s been real good to me here but surprise, it’s been boring, hence my return to internet commenting for the moment. But it has also been useful. The time away from my usual environment has given me a little more perspective on things, which was the entire point.

How’s the new job/educational opportunity going?

PS:

I just followed suit and Googled DB, Disney and Topix and no, that was not me. Wow. Seriously? Those silly kids over at Sociopathworld! You know it had to be somebody from there. The last comment was a decent impression of me though. I suppose we should feel flattered that someone even bothered. Curiously, I’m more nonplussed than annoyed.

Really? Thats hilarious. I totally thought it was you.

Yeah well I guess I am more drawn in by the posts here cause I feel the people on here are more honest to themselves is the main thing I guess, it satisfies my curiosity better (remember we have a different 'constitution'). SW is fun though.

IF there would be any answer to a question you have that could be absolute ( which isnt possible) which would it be? cause obviously something in your head is longing for some fix, even though youre sensible enough to know it wont happen. Play with it, what would it be.

And: werent you going for some kind of career change or into a way of making use of the way you are?

Disney
IF there would be any answer to a question you have that could be absolute ( which isnt possible) which would it be?

That’s an intriguing question. Unfortunately, I can’t think of one right now. I suppose I could ask something idiotic, like is there a god after all, or is there any kind of life after death. But I feel satisfied with believing there is no reason to suppose there is a god or life after death, so I've got nothing. You?

cause obviously something in your head is longing for some fix…

Is it now? That would require that I believe there is something wrong with me that needs fixing in the first place. I do not believe that. I am in the position of clarity, remember?

Didnt mean in your head as in some wiring that needed fixing, but more a thought process in need of a fix. Understand what I mean?

Yeah I would like to know more about death if that were possible, but its not, so...

Disney
Didnt mean in your head as in some wiring that needed fixing, but more a thought process in need of a fix. Understand what I mean?

Yeah I would like to know more about death if that were possible, but its not, so...

Never had a near death experience? Death isn't so bad. It's the dying part that gets most people. :-p

See unlike Daniel.. I do have faith. I believe in an afterlife.

My thought process takes not just logical but moral considerations as well. Right and wrong are matters of perception and cultural influence. What is humane changes from culture to culture. There are a lot of considerations to make. None of which can prepare you for international communities in online forums.