Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Desire to find/follow other sociopaths or psychopaths.............

why are you helping him? and i didn't know sociopaths were oblivious to pain. Antony you need to soul search.

If law is standing in your way then to some minor degree you have compasion and remorse. To say you are a Sociopath and then act like it makes you a bad person "I dont care if they kill more or tell me to do bad stuff" (IE) is a misrepresentation. A sociopath is not a bad person in any way shape or form. Rather, they are an outsider who see's things based on logic instead of emotionally and on what society sees as the norm. A normal person would have a moral objection to killing a person period. A sociopath would see it based on more a numbers game. (If he were to die more people would live therefore he deserves to die).

Two prime groups that ive seen that contain large bodies of sociopaths are cops and Marines. What society calls a hero is rather someone who makes the logical choice in a situation of kill or be killed, or kill or let my partners be killed.

For a sociopath its an easy choice we look at everything logically. Logically its better to have someone else die than someone you care about. We dont have the emotional problem or societies rules in our way, cause to us they make no sense.

I myself definately fit into the sociopath catagory, but I dont dream of "nasty stuff" to do. Logically doing harm unto others makes no sense. There is no gain in doing it, so why risk the punishment of your actions.

If causeing chaos is what you seek there is no logical reason to do so, and I suggest you find a supportive group to help you out.

To me someone who is over emotional and someone who is overly chaotic are just as bad. Its emotions controling what they do.

Personally Id have to say a person doing harm to others for no reason needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

You most likely are a good enough person. Stay away from those that make doing bad things sound exciting.
Guys like this are either more mentally desturbed then we are or have been beat up there whole life and want an escape.

Think for yourself and dont follow anyone.

Live your life the way you want to live it.

Michael
Two prime groups that ive seen that contain large bodies of sociopaths are cops and Marines.

How do you know this Michael? I'm asking not to be argumentative. I really want to know. The military makes sense for a certain type of socio/psychopath and I was recently thinking the police force fits that category as well. I’d like to hear yours or anyone else’s thoughts on how playing the role of policeman might be a surprising fit for someone without a conscience.

Actually I myself was in the Marine Corps Infantry and have never found a bigger group of like minded people who actually saw things the same way I do.

As for cops I am friends with quite a few police officers and sheriffs deputies who also share the same triats.

Where the lack of a consceince comes into play is the ability to make the right choice without having to see the shades of grey others see. IE the ability to shoot a killer without wondering about if he has a family or people who love him or what drove him to his circumstances.

Also the lack of an emotional connection makes it easier to see how a criminal mind thinks. Its easier for us to put ourselves in there shoes and predict thier actions.

Fascinating Michael. I seriously considered applying for the local PD years ago. Unfortunately, I’d also committed a felony just a few years prior. It wasn’t passed the statute of limitations at the time and I was concerned that a background check might land me in trouble, especially if a polygraph test was involved. I wasn’t convinced I could beat a polygraph so I changed my mind.

If you don’t mind me asking, what do you do now and why?

So...you don't think or dream about doing harm to others?
How come I do? I am constantly thinking about doing nasty things.
Sometimes when I see a person the first thing in my mind is how can I dispose of this person, and get away with it.
A lot of times I don't even do this on my own. My mind just starts thinking and visualizing such things and I have to regain focus, and stop.

I feel like I have all these temptations and impulses that I have to fight against everyday.

My friend told me we are just predators, and above man on the food chain. He said it's our basic instinct to want to destroy, and hunt because it's what we are born to do. Also he was in the army before. A few people I met that say similar stuff were also in the army.

Anthony
So...you don't think or dream about doing harm to others?

Yes, I have some violent thoughts. They aren’t obsessive though.

Anthony
How come I do?

Because you’ve got an emotional problem. You can (if you really wanted freedom) liberate yourself by battling those thoughts that are attached to out of control angry emotions directly or you can get professional help. It is possible to free yourself from painful thought habits. I speak from experience. It’s a battle worth fighting. There is no glory in being a slave to your own mind.

Anthony, you’re still lying to yourself. If you were a predator, in the sense you’re talking about anyway, you too would have 11 corpses deteriorating in your house the way Anthony Sowell of Cleveland OH had. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say there aren’t any corpses rotting away in your basement. I bet you’re here because on some level, you want help.

Sorry it took so long to respond.

Every human being is a predator so saying a sociopath is one to seperate them from humanity in general, is a misnomer.

And yes there are times I dream about doing harm to other but only to those who deserve it. IE murder's. Those who would kill deserve to die if they do it for no reason.

Yes we are better at killing than a normal person would be, because we have no emotional standpoint holding us back. This does not mean however that we have to become a monster.

One of the main definitions of a sociopath is following logic, not emotions or even societies laws.

Major Hasan of Fort Hood killed 13 people and wounded 30.

Personally if I was in charge of justice for him id keep him alive for 43 days shooting him in non lethal ares for 42 days and finally a head shot on the 43.

This is not out of any desire to see him suffer, rather his suffering for the amount of pain he caused would make others see that the more damage they do the more they have to pay for it and would distract people from doing the same thing as him.

If you desire to hurt people for no logical reason I can only surmise an emotional reason. A desire to feel superior or more powerful than the victims, or in the case that they hurt you in the past revenge.

Like was previously stated if you want to do harm to others for no reason, this is a seperate condition a true sociopath needs a reason IMHO.

Dude, you're a ******* retard. I taught sociopaths were smarter than this. I mean when you write, it's riddled with emotion.

Love it!!!!!

This conversation has wandered into strange territory. It seems to have been started by someone who is not necessarily a sociopath, but a masochist looking for a sadist to hurt him. Sado-masochism has nothing to with sociopathy (although some sociopaths can be sadistic or masochistic). All this glorifying of gore and pain is a bit sick in my opinion, and I am sorry to see that so many people apparently identify themselves as sociopaths or psychopaths simply because they are sick in that way.

I am a sociopath who found Dr. Robert's website while researching sociopathy. I had read a lot, both on the web, in elsewhere, but had never found any psychologist with an open attitude towards my kind of mind. Every other source on sociopathy seems somehow to condemn the sociopath as a criminal--not just for criminal actions, which of course some sociopaths, as well as non-sociopaths, commit, but just for being different and having a different kind of mind.

The secret to the doctor's outlook, and what makes him different from other psychologists such as Hare, is his definition of sociopathy which is not based on actions, or desires to commit actions such as some of the ones expressed in this thread, but only on whether or not someone is capable of feeling guilty. When I read that, something clicked, and I understood that human guilt, which I had always despised as foolishness or weakness, is not either foolish or weak, but is just a kind of mind, just as not feeling guilty is neither good nor bad but just a kind of mind. We sociopaths have that kind of mind. One that does not feel guilt. That is why our behavior is different. It is not controlled by guilt.

I am sorry to see so much confusion in this thread which has allowed some strange sado-masochist types to hijack sociopathy. I repeat: sociopathy has nothing to do with blood, gore, violence, or sadism of any kind.

George
I repeat: sociopathy has nothing to do with blood, gore, violence, or sadism of any kind.

Agreed. The only person suggesting that was Anthony.

Then again, there are probably uses for blood, gore, violence and sadism. Under the right circumstances, they could be used to further one's ends. Just ask any government anywhere. But yeah, utility is a seperate issue from basic definitions.

Excellent post! Thank you very to the point and clear.

Kennith Bianchi?