Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Am I A Sociopath?

Okay, first let me start with the definition from Dictionary.com:

A person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

Now the symptoms from Wikipedia:

Grandiose sense of self-worth
Superficial charm
Criminal versatility
Reckless disregard for the safety of self or others
Impulse control problems
Irresponsibility
Inability to tolerate boredom
Pathological narcissism
Pathological lying
Shallow affect
Deceitfulness/manipulativeness
Aggressive or violent tendencies, repeated physical fights or assaults on others
Lack of empathy
Lack of remorse, indifferent to or rationalizes having hurt or mistreated others
A sense of extreme entitlement
Lack of or diminished levels of anxiety/nervousness and other emotions
Promiscuous sexual behavior, sexually deviant lifestyle
Lack of personal insight
Failure to follow any life plan
Abuse of drugs including alcohol
Disregard for conventional moral right and wrong

Now some information about myself:

1. I only lie to protect myself or someone else and I try to lie as least as possible.

2. I have no desire to hurt anyone, I just have an unshakable fear that I might.

3. I am described as a nice, good person by most of the people that I know. I am only rude to someone after they are rude to me (not a friend or family member). I will always approach people nicely but when they smart off too me I get angry.

4. I know right from wrong and try my best to do right.

5. I don't use people.

6. I really don't give a crap if something benefits me.

7. I never have smoked, done drugs, or drank alcohol and I plan not to.

8. In school I mostly make average grades. Bad ones only on an occasional basis.

9. In school I got into very few fights. I try to avoid them.

10. I am pretty shy.

11. I have cried at funerals. The only funerals I haven't cried at are people I don't know well, such as my biological grandfather who I didn't see very much or know very well but I do often feel dissapointed that I wasn't able to know him.

Just to let you know, I am using the same alias I usually do on the internet for safety and for privacy. What do you think, Doctor and is there enough information to tell?

Re: Am I A Sociopath?

This sounds more like OCD. You seem rather obsessed with whether or not you're a bad or defective person. Or maybe I'm just projecting.

Re: Am I A Sociopath?

You sound normal. You know what makes a psychopath stand out? A lack of remorse. Doing what you want and never feeling bad about it.