Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dear Whitewolf

On one hand I want to thank you for the perspective you've shared. On the other I know any sort of gratitude I show you would only inflate your already bloated ego. I suppose since you cannot directly effect me you're relatively "safe." As far as that word can apply to a sociopath.

My mother is a sociopath. Unlike yourself, she has never let the mask fall to reveal the thing inside. She has never spoken with such brutal honesty. I notice you attach your website name to each post. The real goal is the get people to read your very important opinion on sociopaths, isn't it?

I was fortunate. I escaped at a relatively early age from my mother's clutches. My father and sisters were not so lucky. My father was driven to death trying to appease a woman who could not be appeased. My sisters are either sociopaths themselves or so indoctrinated into my mother's warped worldview that they are completely lost.

Your posts have given me an incredibly personal glimpse into how my mother and sisters view the world. It will make it much easier to protect myself and my own children from them.

I must disagree with your statement that there is good in sociopaths. I can only assume your confusion lies in not understanding what that word really means. You have uses. That doesn't mean you're good.

Re: Dear Whitewolf

Well being good or bad is a personal choice and a matter of perception. You can never make everyone happy with your decisions. It's not even worth trying. So as a sociopath you really have two choices. You can pick up moral codes from different aspects of your life and imitate what you would like to reflect. Examples: morals codes of the Bible, Japanese honor, Southern values (heritage?) or whatever sense of integrity you choose. Or you can be like most sociopaths and just do what you want.

Oh btw a lot of things I say may come about as being direct or unemotional but I don't have you standing infront of me in text so I can't see your physical gestures, hear your tone of voice or monitor your eye contact. Therefore I can't really customize what I am saying to fit your perception better. Also if I saw you in person I would never admit to any of this anyway. Heh

My grand sense of self is natural. I just think a lot of myself regardless of situation and that is also probably a type of natural defense against suicide.

My mother is also a sociopath but we aren't your common breed. Our biggest weakness is money management. We're horrible at it. My brother isn't like us. If you are concerned with your sisters just see how they are without your mother around. I believe this to be more a genetic thing than enviornmental as those enviornmental people are usually criminals.

All sociopath really means is that I was born with a lack of guilt or remorse. I am fearless, egotistical, lack long term goals because I live in the moment and disregarding towards the emotions of others but I live in emotional calm anyway. I don't have emotional waves going up and down all the time. My thoughts are driven by logic not emotions. In many ways I see a lot clearer than you do because I lack emotional interference. So I can see straight to the source of things. Which is what makes it so easy for me to purswade people in real life. I push a few emotional buttons to blind your logic and then I just feed the fire and get what I want. Usually what I want isn't negative either.

See it's not the power you have that makes you good or bad. It's how you use it. I'm sure you hate your sisters and mother but thats also because you are a girl yourself and most girls are more comfortable with their fathers than mothers anyway. I'm also sure you associate the same emotional negativity you have towards them at me. So you associate me with pain and anger. Is that really fair judgement?

The only people who get destroyed by me in real life are those who engage me in a negative manner and try to have an emotional war. It's kinda funny because you can't win an emotional battle against someone who doesn't care but they do try and they just push themselves down in the end.

I don't think you'll ever get through to your sisters or mother through talking. They've proba bly already come together and discussed how you are the alienated member of the family to them.

But no, I am not bad. I don't torture people for my amusement in any manner. I try to treat people well in real life and concern myself with them but I am limited geneticly. I live more in a moment than you and you have a more long term view of the world than I.

Really the only person I can think of that I have train wrecked was my ex wife. After a few years of marriage I realized what a complete idiot she was and just stopped caring about her but because of my faith I didn't cheat on her and I knew I couldn't divirce her either. She noticed I didn't care after a while and did all sorts of things to try and get a rise out of me or something. Everything she did failed. She even cheated but as I saw it she was just a roommate. I wouldn't even go to bed with her at night anymore and a few months after I stopped having sex with her she finally broke and left me. When she left she tried to have emotional revenge but I didn't care. I was happy to be away from her. Her lack of ability to get an emotional rise out of me drove her nuts and caused psychological damage.

So basicly if a sociopath doesn't want you anymore just walk away. If you try to get revenge you only hurt yourself and I get so tired of always hearing her talk about it. Everytime we talk she wants to fight and the divorce was years ago. I tried giving her some closure a few times to shut her up but it doesn't work. She's broken and hates me. She blames me for all the bad stuff in her life. She even wanted me to take her back for a while. She saw that person she loved and missed him. Well I didn't miss her! Why would I ever take her back? Her personality was annoying, we had no real connection, she lies, cheats and stole my black memory book.. it was a mistake to get married. I wouldn't do that twice. I get much hotter girls than her now. Anyway she is crazy but at least I don't toy with her. If I was a bad sociopath I would.

Do you believe in God? If you do, do you have any concerns about the afterlife?

Yes, I believe in the Christian God. My faith is probably different than your own but yet the same. I was raised around Jerry Falwell and those less than admirable Southern Baptists. So naturally I am nondenominational.

I know God is real. He does not frown on me like you may. I am his creation. I was born a natural psychopath. I am not evil or have I'll intent towards others. I sometimes just don't understand what I am doing could be wrong. My reactions to situations disturb people. My mind functions logicly and not emotionally. So emotional people may think I am heartless or whatever.

I believe in God. I also believe Satan is a servent of God forfilling Gods will.

One question whitewolf

you say you live in the moment rather than planning for the long term, you are bad at money management, act impulsively and can't feel fear. Can someone be the opposite of these traits and still be a sociopath?

My reason for asking is this. I know someone who has all the other traits: not having a conscience, manipulates, lies, has friends who are "weak" just so he can feed off them, yet is excellent at planning his economy and future to the point where he brags about it. He is also what I would describe as cowardly in many social situations. Would this man still be a sociopath?

Dan
One question whitewolf

you say you live in the moment rather than planning for the long term, you are bad at money management, act impulsively and can't feel fear. Can someone be the opposite of these traits and still be a sociopath?

My reason for asking is this. I know someone who has all the other traits: not having a conscience, manipulates, lies, has friends who are "weak" just so he can feed off them, yet is excellent at planning his economy and future to the point where he brags about it. He is also what I would describe as cowardly in many social situations. Would this man still be a sociopath?

Sounds like a Narcsisstic personality. Probably spelled it wrong.

They always want the admirations of others. Some even try to pose as alpha males. They are abusive cowards. I got my hands on one once. He was supposed to be some kind of kickboxing champion or something. I destroyed him like he never even existed. His wife was begging and pleading with me to stop. She used her own body to shield him from me while he lay there on the ground trying to breath. His ego shattered. I don't think he had felt pain or fear like that in a while.

Narcs often get a big ego and think they are invincible. Just paper tigers in reality. They feel fear and pain and they need the admiration of others. Psychopaths need the approval of no one.

Why do you fear the law? Why do you have the desire to fit in with what you are not?

Alex
Why do you fear the law? Why do you have the desire to fit in with what you are not?

I can't tell you. It's a secret.

Oh I have this scitzo that lives in an apartment near me. I like to make him paranoid and watch him act funny. :-)

Whitewolf
Alex

Oh I have this scitzo that lives in an apartment near me. I like to make him paranoid and watch him act funny. :-)

Your statements are inconsistent. You have no fear, yet you suggest that you abide by legal and religious decrees. Also, you have the desire to "fit in" rather than to not "fit in." If you have no fear, why abide by legal, and even more so, religious decrees?

Please clarify your definition of fear.

Alex
Whitewolf
Alex

Your statements are inconsistent. You have no fear, yet you suggest that you abide by legal and religious decrees. Also, you have the desire to "fit in" rather than to not "fit in." If you have no fear, why abide by legal, and even more so, religious decrees?

Please clarify your definition of fear.

Why is there always that "all or nothing" mentality? It's so annoying. Normal people only see black and white or right and wrong. No degrees of change or gray in their world.

Are you really asking me why I don't throw my life away and end up in prison?! Are you that stupid? Is that what you would do? "I lack fear! Therefore I'm ah crrrazy person!"

Hexi answered your fitting in question. He could probably explain that psychopaths that are smart avoid getting caught like a *******. We formulate plans. Like as a child.. my parents tried spanking me to punish me but I'd just do it again but this time I'd be more covert about my actions. Eventually they stopped spanking me because I told them I wasn't going to cry anymore and didn't. I think that demoralized them. LOL

As for morals I really only have two rules.
A) I don't ever harm children.
B) I'll never strike a woman.

I know. I'm such a terrible sinner. I lie, cheat, steal...

Alex

The same reason someone without a face would wear a mask. I'll let you ponder that one.

Off-topic, but why do we have to see a huge photo of the doctor on every page? It's weird.