Cecil Hills Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Cecil Hills - A Lakeside Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Community Meeting

Keep the 9th of February 2010 free as this is the day that we plan to have the Community Meeting for the Cecil Hills area. At this stage there just has to be one or two conformations and the meeting will be going ahead. We look forward to as many people that can come along being there to put their concerns forward or to hear what the new development will bring.

Re: Community Meeting/another agenda item

My husband and i were the first family to move into this area that is past the high school, we have seen lots of changes and don't always like them BUT let me say it was down to having the lakes near us that we did decide to buy in this area. One subject not mentioned in your agenda for the meeting is the effect the extra houses will have on our schools. Cecil hills public school was originally built to accommodate only 136 students but as of today we have 625 students(27 classes) and plenty of demountables. Our high school already has a waiting list for year 7 alone of over 100 students.yes there is other schools but we need to think of ours first and foremost - i want my children to get a good education and not just be a number

linda
My husband and i were the first family to move into this area that is past the high school, we have seen lots of changes and don't always like them BUT let me say it was down to having the lakes near us that we did decide to buy in this area. One subject not mentioned in your agenda for the meeting is the effect the extra houses will have on our schools. Cecil hills public school was originally built to accommodate only 136 students but as of today we have 625 students(27 classes) and plenty of demountables. Our high school already has a waiting list for year 7 alone of over 100 students.yes there is other schools but we need to think of ours first and foremost - i want my children to get a good education and not just be a number

Hi Linda, thanks for your input as everybody’s thoughts are very welcome.

Your opinion on education is very important and we need very load clear voices on this subject. This is a section from the LEP relating to “Social Impacts and Opportunities” states, “There exists sufficient capacity within the local and district social infrastructure to support the future residential needs, particularly in relation to education, as the proposed RE1 zone will address parks and recreational facility needs”.

If this statements affects you, you will need to make sure you are heard in your objection and this will have to be done by writing to Council before the end of the month. In the mean time please come to the Community Meeting on the 9th and stand up and be heard by the people who think that we don’t have education concerns in Cecil Hills.