Cecil Hills Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Cecil Hills - A Lakeside Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Latest Update - Please read

Good evening everybody

On Monday 29.06.09 we have Ann Tarasov from The Liverpool Champion (the other local paper) coming to interview the local residents. She would love to hear from a good cross section of the community to ensure that she is across all areas of the issue.

She will be at the lakes edge adjacent to the bus shelter at 11am. We need to have some faces their for the photographer, old faces would be good but some new fresh faces would be better. I'll supply the old face and you can provide the fresh new faces. Talk to all your neighbours, family and friends to see of they can attend to help us out.

We had a meeting this morning (26.06.09) with our State Member, Paul Lynch and it appeared he was well organised to greet us as he seemed to be across our issue. He stated that he has been out and looked a the area concerned. It may just be a coincidence but I have been asking APP Consultants for some information sine the community meeting on 6 May and I was surprised to receive a phone call this afternoon stating that I would be getting the information in the short term. We gave Mr. Lynch a letter outlining 19 questions that we would like Landcom to address.(see attached)

It is interesting to note that there is another lake in danger. It is between the M7 and Feodore Dr. It is only a small lake but we may have to think about this for the future. If you go to Google Earth and look at the area you will notice this it is affected by drought but you can see the outline of the area concerned.

We should be getting some banners up this weekend so if you see the artistic department at work headed by Patrick from No 4 please lend a hand. We are going to give Hassan Aly from No 24 some banners to do. He is studying a Graphic Design course at TAFE and it should be interesting to see the outcome, knock 'em out Hassan!

Don't forget the Champion on Monday 29.06.09 - - - 11am

Cheers

Michael Botfield