Cecil Hills Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Cecil Hills - A Lakeside Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What are all the stories about the lakes in Cecil Hills

On 24 April 2009 Liverpool council wrote to only 140 residents of Cecil Hills advising them there would be a Community consultation and information meeting about the new Cecil Gardens Estate to be built by Landcom and Mirvac homes and APP Corporation (Consultants). They provided information about the boundary of the new estate and invited people to come and discuss the matter at a meting held on 6 May 2009.

What they didn’t say in the letter was that they intended to drain, fill and build on those drained lakes. Without having driven within the boundary area I seem to think that there are about four separate bodies of water that Landcom want to destroy.

I believe the meeting was poorly attended in the extreme. I have no hesitation in saying that this was a deliberate ploy on behalf of the organizers to hide the fact that the lakes would be destroyed. When this was put to them on the night they obviously denied the allegation. No one was offering the information, you had to read ever bit of information plastered on the walls at the Community Centre and read the fine print before it was obvious what their intentions where. We have since asked for this information from APP Corporation through our local council but they have declined to provide it so that we could show it to you. Now that is what I call consultation!

A group of residence from Lascelles Street Cecil Hills have organised a group called L.A.K.E.S, Local Against Killing our Eco System and have asked for assistance from Michael Camillos Michael was a driving force in the last battle we had over the Lakes system in the middle of our suburb about two years ago.

So far we have written to Liverpool Council, our Local Member, Mr. Paul Lynch and all of Liverpool Councilors. Federal Member Julia Irwin has shown interest as well.

Everybody needs to voice their concerns with Liverpool Council and I suggest that you write to Tanya O’Brien, Strategic Planning Manager in the first instance. But don’t stop there if you feel you need to tell more people that you’re not impressed write to Landcom and Mirvac Homes as well.

If you feel that you have been affected either directly or indirectly or that you would like to get involved please do not hesitate to get in touch with us and offer what ever help you can.

If you are free this Tuesday 23 June at 10am please meet at the lake opposite number 8 Lascelles St as the Liverpool Leader will be there to take some photos to put in next weeks paper. At the same time you will be able to sign our petition as well.

It is interesting to note that our Premier of NSW, Nathan Rees announced $22 million dollars for the Western Sydney Parklands open space area. Mr. Rees came to Cecil Hills to make his announcement but nobody received an invitation to meet with our Premier. Isn’t it amazing that on one hand the Premier says improve our open space areas but one of his own Government departments, Landcom is going to take our open space and lake areas away from us.

Mr. Premier I hope you are reading this!

Re: What are all the stories about the lakes in Cecil Hills

I just happened to find out about this situation and I cannot believe after the last meetings and responses from the community L.C.C and Landcom are trying this again!
Perhaps we all need to inform our neighbours and invite representatives from the Council and Landcom and give them the opportunity to clarify and put their cards on the table in regards to their proposals in front of the whole community.

What else can we do as individuals to raise public and media awareness in regards to these sneaky proposals?
I know that the Channels 7 & 9 current affair programs might show some interest in doing a story and this would allow Liverpool Council and Landcom to provide an explanation and bring them unwanted attention. The reporters will also have access to all environmental impact and site reports which might reveal holes in the execution of this proposal.