Cecil Hills Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Cecil Hills - A Lakeside Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The council has responded. Looks like we have won but don't celebrate yet. We are very close.

Keep the champagne on hand. We are close to a win.

Please don't rest yet. We need you to help finish the job and make sure that everything is signed off in our favour.

Please download their response and have a good read. It all sounds but we will look at it closely over the coming days. Please let me know if there is something I have missed or if there are questions that you have or things that you want me to look more closely at.

Landcom's response should be with us soon. I believe they are preparing some good diagrams for us to look at. Donna Savage has said that she believes the 3 dimensional diagrams will be better than a model. Let's wait and see. We thank them for their efforts.

Re: The council has responded. Looks like we have won but don't celebrate yet. We are very close.

Having read the LAKE's questions and Council responses, I am a littled miffed to the reference of how we don't have any mosquitoes in Cecil Hills.

WE DO !!!

Re: The council has responded. Looks like we have won but don't celebrate yet. We are very close.

Hi,

The LAKES committee members all live on the four opposite sides with to the main lake. Two of us have our back fences on the lake and two face it. None of us have problems with mosquitos.

In fact this has been a topic of discussion with neighbours and visitors and how lucky we are. We visit friends' homes and come home with bites all over us.

In 6 years of living here I cannot recall a bite.

Where in Cecil Hills do you live? Perhaps you are closer to a different body of water that does not have the same balance or perhaps you are well away from the lakes and are subject to the same problems that my friends have in wetherill park and throughout sydney.

There is a flock of small birds that fly over the main lake every morning and every night and they swoop around eating little insects. Perhaps it is something about them as well.

I am sorry that you have mossies but we can only make comment on our own experiences and the people we have spoken to in Cecil Hills to date. Obviously your experience is different.

Regards,
Michael

PS Maybe we need some more of those minnows that council referred to?

:-)

Sorry about the errors in typing. That's what I get for rushing.

with to the main lake ...

It is obviously bed time!