Return to Website

Official International Cinderella Pageant Discussion Forum

Hello!  I would like to take this opportunity to welcome our worldwide family of Cinderella participants, their families and friends to the Official Cinderella Message Board. It is my hope that this board will allow all of you the opportunity to communicate with each other in a kind, loving and supportive way. Please know that we will not allow posts that are rude, vulgar, offensive or hurtful. Additionally, we do not allow advertisements of outside goods or services or solicitations of any kind on our message boards.  This is to insure the safety of our participants and the integrity of our program.  I hope you will find your participation on these boards both enjoyable and informative.  Happy Posting!
Fred Vollman, President
INTERNATIONAL CINDERELLA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM

Official International Cinderella Pageant Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2011 Internationals

Has anyone heard the location for next year? Dallas again?

Re: 2011 Internationals

We're hoping for somewhere more affordable. We haven't been able to go for the past two years due to the cost. Also the price of food is more in Dallas and travel. Please take this into consideration.

I am all for it not being in Dallas but please not back in Vegas!

New Orleans, Atlanta, or Memphis would be great!

I vote DENVER!! It's not hot or humid in Denver!!

Phoenix, Arizona has lots of beautiful hotels and plenty of fun family things :)

I vote for the East coast. It was in Vegas for far too long. Dallas is a great city for adults. Atlanta, Memphis or somewhere to that affect would be nice. Not Miami though because it is in the middle of Hurricane season

I would love it if they did bring it back to Vegas! It was such a fun place and we really enjoyed it.

How about somewhere in the middle of America so the amount of driving can be equal to most contestants/families?

I say back to Vegas! There is so much to do in Vegas. Just don't have it at the same hotel.

Anywhere but Vegas. It is dirty, hot, and the smoke makes my family sick. Vegas is the least family place on the earth.

I agree. Vegas was not great. I loved Dallas this year because we didn't have to get on a bus. For Mini-Miss this is especially hard since they start so early. I know we are going to be in Dallas at least another year but would love to see us in Atlanta! So much for familys to do from the Coca Cola factory to Olympic village and Six Flags, White Water park and every girls favorite American Girl Store & other great shopping. Also numerous hotels and many with large theaters attached. CNN center has hotel, huge theater and 24hr food court! It is amazing!

Vegas isn't family oriented but it would be a lot cheaper. Anyone have any thoughts about having it in CA?

I am all for California!! Anaheim would be great or San Diego? I think California would be super!

I honestly say please have it back in Vegas. We have had so many compliments on that it is a LOT cheaper and people that come from, Phillipines, Guam(etc.) it is easier for them to travel to Vegas.

I vote Las Vegas (because of cost for most families) but, Southern California would be my 2nd choice for the same reason. I loved not needing the shuttle this year and I bet it saved the International office thousands of dollars. So most importantly wherever it is, it would be perfect to have the hotel next door to the event center for sure!!!

I vote Denver. It has nice weather and lots to do. It is family frindly and can be verry affordable.

Denver or Arizona please... somewhere in middle America makes sense.

Well I read all the suggestions and I say Vegas too, all the other cities are simply too expensive to get to from the Pacific Northwest. My vote would be Vegas but not the strip area more out of town in one the bigger resort areas that have a great, pool etc. I think all the southern and east coast states are great if you live there but if you are on the west coast it isn't even doable.

We can all make suggestions but let's face it. If you love Cinderella and you want to compete you will go wherever it is. As long as there is a major airport it is doable. Not to mention the pageant makes most sense to have were you have the most delegates, and even though I'm not from TX they had the most girls there. So here is my challenge: if you want Internationals to be closer to you then get out there and help grow the program in your area. The more girls you have the better. Cinderella is an easy program to promote so have fun!

We would like to see it back in Vegas. It would be nice to have it at one of the hotels that have a theater in them so we didn't have to mess with bussing. This year's hotel was very convenient. We love Cinderella, so we will most likely go wherever it is. We would be able to bring more delegates if the event were closer to AZ.

I think it should change every year: North; South; East; West;.... If you live on the West Coast, then, yes it is harder to get to the East. However, if you live on the East it is hard to get to the West. BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY...no matter the time or place... IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MAGIC OF CINDERELLA!!!

I like the idea of Denver. It's centrally located and the weather is nice. It's an easy place to fly in to and a fun place to visit. We live in Oregon, and we could even drive there since it's not such a hot and miserable drive.

I think that they should concider rotating it each year to different parts of the country. So, next year it could be in say Denver, CO; then maybe Nashville, TN; then maybe Pittsburg, PA; then Los Angeles, CA; Dallas, TX; Seattle, WA; etc. This way if cost is an option this year, maybe you can make it next year...I also think that having it in the same place each year gives those delegates an advantage, so it should be spread out more.

We are still very much in favor of returning it to Las Vegas. For the most part flights are extremely cheap to get there, and it is a really great city with wonderful hotels. Numbers were always very high in Vegas and I think that many families would attend because there is something for everyone!

My second choice is Phoenix, AZ!

Re: 2011 Internationals - announcing when?

Anyone know when they will make the official announcement on date and place?