Return to Website

Official International Cinderella Pageant Discussion Forum

Hello!  I would like to take this opportunity to welcome our worldwide family of Cinderella participants, their families and friends to the Official Cinderella Message Board. It is my hope that this board will allow all of you the opportunity to communicate with each other in a kind, loving and supportive way. Please know that we will not allow posts that are rude, vulgar, offensive or hurtful. Additionally, we do not allow advertisements of outside goods or services or solicitations of any kind on our message boards.  This is to insure the safety of our participants and the integrity of our program.  I hope you will find your participation on these boards both enjoyable and informative.  Happy Posting!
Fred Vollman, President
INTERNATIONAL CINDERELLA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM

Official International Cinderella Pageant Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Talents?

Last year a Mini Miss at Internationals danced with a partner Ball room and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!! I think she placed in talent!

It is allowed.

The mini miss last year won talent!! Have fun!!

Extract from Official Rules

TALENT COMPETITION: (Hopefully this is still current)
subpara j: An additional person may be used in a talent presentation if the talent cannot be performed alone. Example: Adagio; musical accompanist; ballroom dance. The judges will consider only the contestant's talent and her ability to work with her accompanist or partner.

They consider your partner a prop.

It sounds funny to say it that way, but it is how they look at the partner. When we saw a girl at Internationals perform ballroom with a partner for the first time they explained the rule that way. They partner is a prop for things such as ballroom and pas de deux (for ballet). You cannot do a dance duet in jazz per say that does not involve mostly partnering. The idea is that the talent must be done with the partner to be possible and therefore they are considered a prop for talent.

Hope this helps an good luck to you!