Nicholas Scrolls Forum

Welcome to the Nicholas Scrolls Forum. We hope this forum to become a lively Gospel Believer's forum where you can discuss Biblical issues. Please keep the standard in which Jesus could participate.

Nicholas Scrolls Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
so much suffering!

So much suffering is caused by the horrific false doctrine of endless suffering in hell, that it gives me great pleasure to guide people to the evidence that a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible teaches universal salvation, not endless suffering in hell, or even annihilation.

We agree with fundamentalist Christians that we should not believe things that go against Biblical teaching. We don’t.

I'm 68, and I am acquainted with many people who are, or were in various stages of nervous breakdown over their inability to love a god who would let anyone suffer forever. Even though they have embraced Christ and His gospel, they are afraid of what God might do to them after they are raised from the dead for not being able to love Him. The information in my testimony has helped many of these people.

If any member or surfer on this forum is suffering because they are unable to successfully emotionally cope with the idea that God is going to let any creature suffer forever, they can Google up the more than 600 page search engine at the top of the TENTMAKER front page. Just type in a key word or phrase from each argument or scripture passages and ten articles will appear that refute the eternal hell and annihilationist doctrines.
Then click to the next page and ten more articles will appear, and so on and so on for
thousands of pages.

Most fundamentalist Christians are not even aware that there are two sides to the argument about what the Bible teaches.
I have exhaustively studied both sides myself. This debate always ends with the words, "My Greek scholars are more reliable than your Greek scholars," and the result is a stalemate.

If your readers think it glorifies God more to believe that He is going to let some of His creatures suffer forever, then they should keep believing that.
But if they think it glorifies God more to eventually meet everyone on the level of their greatest and deepest need, which is a change in their stubborn will, then I would like them to know that that is exactly what the Bible teaches that God is like.

I am a Concordant Christian. I have read and recorded gleanings into my more than four thousand page personal journal from most of the back issues of UNSEARCHABLE RICHES that has been published back to 1909. Every argument that I have ever heard against the Bible teaching universal salvation have been repeatedly dealt with in these magazines.

Largely, but not exclusively, because of the contents in these magazines, I am convinced that the evidence in support of the Bible teaching universal salvation is irrefutable. That is why the argument that we should teach endless suffering in hell just in case it might be true is unacceptable to me. IMHO the greatest of all manifestations of God's grace in action on this earth is that anyone can believe in "eternal suffering" for anyone and not have a nervous breakdown thinking about it.

Here are several Concordant websites.
http://www.concordant.org/
http://www.saviour-of-all.org/
http://www.godstruthfortoday.org/
http://www.godstruthfortoday.org/Library/index1.html
www.gracetruth.com
http://www.tentmaker.org/

From Rodger Tutt in Toronto, Canada
“That God may be All in all” 1Cor.15:28

Re: so much suffering!

It's really not what we think glorifies God, but what really does. That's the problem I am proposing-what our carnal minds want to think about truth, meaning what God's heart is and His judgements, not our own thoughts and judgements, or any Greek scholars, one way or the other. As far as nervous breakdowns go, maybe that's what is needed, so we can fall down before our Lord and say, "Help me," surrendering to His sovereign will for now and eternity. If we don't put ourselves in His mercy and grace, there is no hope for us, because that is exactly what saves us. I am not a fundamentalist as you probably are projecting that I am. I have asked the Lord to clear any programming by man as far as the truth of His word, and have submitted myself to the voice of His Spirit, which will lead me into all truth-His truth and not what man has said. So, I hoep that I am opened to His voice in all things. I even opened myself up to whatever you want to call your beliefs, but the Spirit of God overtime, veered me from getting entangled with it. It's almost as if He said, "That is my domain. Leave it at that." So, I am. Job said, "I have spoken of things to great for me." I believe, by the Spirit of God, that this is one of those things. All of know, is that the Son of God, who shed his blood for my sins, is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and that there is no other way to the Father but by Him. Amen?

Here is what I think

I think that ETers (eternal tormentors) who think it is right, and good, and just, and loving, and merciful, for God to sustain people alive in an inescapable state of never-ending suffering forever, or be annihilated, will choose to believe any and all evidences that seem to support the belief that the Bible teaches that perception of what God is like.

But URs (universal reconciliationists) who thinks it is right, and good, and just, and loving, and merciful, for God to successfully influence people so they will not suffer forever, will choose to believe any and all evidences that support the belief that the Bible teaches that perception of what God is like.

As far as I am concerned, you tell me which perception of God you see in the Bible, and I will know what kind of person you are, regardless of how impeccably righteous the behavior of the rest of your life may appear. But even though I may perceive you as being chosen by God to be a vessel of the grossest dishonor, I also believe that God will refashion you into a vessel of honor after your resurrection from the dead.

The strongest sets of influences will always dictate what we choose to believe, every time, without exception. This is an irrefutable truth. The strongest influence may consist of all the influences that have been brought to bear upon us in the past, plus the influence that is being brought to bear upon us right now. But the strongest influence will cause us to choose in that direction every time.

You have to believe what you believe, and so do I. We are both just as convinced that we are believing the absolute truth, and we will both probably die believing the way that we do now. We will all try to influence others as much as we feel we should, but within the wise counsel of His decretive will (that which must occur), God will decide how successful we will be.

In my life the strongest influence is the thousands of pages of evidence that is contained in the tentmaker search engine about what a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible teaches. See the search engine at the top of the front page at http://www.tentmaker.org/
Type in any key word or phrase from any argument or Bible verse and ten articles will come up refuting the doctrines of "eternal hell" and “annihilation.” Then click to the next page and ten more articles will come up, and so on and so on for thousands of pages.