Nicholas Scrolls Forum

Welcome to the Nicholas Scrolls Forum. We hope this forum to become a lively Gospel Believer's forum where you can discuss Biblical issues. Please keep the standard in which Jesus could participate.

Nicholas Scrolls Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE by James Coram

The introduction at the beginning of each chapter is not the chapter itself. You must click on the highlighted title of each chapter to bring up the entire chapter to read it. Each chapter is quite long and comprehensive.

The “danger” in preaching the truth resides only in the imagination of the person who doesn’t understand the truth.

The online book “HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE” by James Coram needs no defense. It stands on its own merit.
It has helped many people. It will help many more.

Most comments and questions regarding this book are responded to within the writing itself, for example, “WHAT ARE CORRECT TRANSLATIONS OF THE BIBLE?”

A frequent response to first learning about the existence of this book is,
“You believe the words of men, but we believe the Bible.”
But the actual reading of, “HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE” by James Coram will prove to all readers that JUST THE OPPOSITE IS TRUE.

IMHO, "HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE" by James Coram is the most powerful of all of the dozens of books that I have read, the hundreds of tapes that I have listened to, and the many online articles that I have read that show that a correctly, (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible teaches universal salvation, not eternal torment, or even annihilation. (I am 68 years old)

In fact, to me it is so powerful that it renders all arguments to the contrary completely irrelevant to the truth that it proves that, by the time God’s plan for the ages of time has been consummated, the universal salvation of all sinful creatures from everything from which they need to be saved, most certainly, will have occurred.

It can be read in its entirety online at http://concordant.org/expohtml/HisAchievement/index.html

Or, it can be Googled up by typing in HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE

It has seventeen chapters, each chapter having its own highlighted heading followed by a short introduction.
Just click on the highlighted heading and the entire text of that chapter will appear.

Since I have read many writings, the sum total of which contain every argument in existence in support of the idea that the Bible teaches eternal torment or annihilation, I am confident that if anyone were to read "HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE" in it's entirety, they would change their mind about their belief that the Bible teaches eternal torment or annihilation.

However, as a friend recently reminded me, one must be disposed of the Ultimate Placer to receive any revelation; it’s all about Sovereign causes & effects. Or as Ralph Waldo Emerson put it, “People only see what they are prepared to see.”

From Rodger Tutt in Toronto, Canada
“That God may be All in all” 1Cor.15:28

Write to me personally at rodgertutt@sympatico.ca

My website is http://greater-emmanuel.org/Hope4You/

Refuting James Coram's works and ideaology

April 15, 2007

I find this topic to be worthy of a contest. Rodger Tutt who posted these items on my forum actually seeks a man to refute this ideaology and claims that no one has to this point.

If this was a challenge being put forth... then my answer is "challenge accepted."

Suffering is the wages of our sin and also the plow that tills our fields churning up all the manuer we created in our lives making ready for the seedsGod sows in us. This is not necessarily a bad thing but is that which brings us around to a fuller understanding of our life and purpose. Eventually, everyone at some point must acknowledge the futility of his life without God. Those who don't won't be recognized by Him at the Great White Throne Judgment. Not all are or will be saved. This doctrine proposed by James Coram and supported by Rodger Tutt is heresy because it is absent of the fruit born out of discipline which is the result of God's love for us.

There must of necessity be a motivation for fallen man to come to his senses and repent of his transgression and fallen nature. Without that, there is no evidence of humility and without humility there lacks the foundation for a genuine love as defined by God. Man must know and understand the consequences of his sin and failure, his weaknesses and fears and he must face them in order to acknowledge they exist before he can confess and repent of them.

For the above reasons, universal transformation a.k.a. universal salvation cannot be possible for all. There must of necessity be an appropriate response to God's rebuke before we can move forward into the light. Coram's work attempts to make null and void all the virtues of God's form of justice and reward. In Coram's world, everyone lives happily ever after regardless of how they lived their lives on earth.

This work by Coram and testimony by Rodger Tutt gets slammed by the correctly (literally) transcribed Word of God. Adopting dogma of this kind makes weak the powerful conviction of heart which accompanies the indwelling Spirit of God provided as a promise and helper to those who would inherit eternal salvation.

For these simple reasons, I cannot and will not condone their arguments. This is yet another attempt to make the path of sanctification easier. No one gets through this life without suffering and maturity results in those who learn to abide a selfless life after the pattern of Christ. To many of the goats, Jesus will say, "I never knew you."

Believe the Word of God and not the words or works of men. Where one contradicts the other, it would be wise to cast out that which was human and accept only the divine judgment of God. Only then can one be assured that what he believes will be justified by his own faith.

Remember too the faithful words given us, "though his works may be burned up, yet he shall be saved as from out of the fire." This applies only to those who truly lived out their lives according to the faith that is in Christ Jesus. A man's works may be burned up in judgment but as he lived out his life by faith and through grace - he may in the end be saved from the eternal fires of judgment.

Lastly, love as defined by God is not complete without the presence of humility and love does not exist except for those who have a balanced fear of God residing in their hearts. Anything less is an emotion based upon unbalanced fears and ignorance.

Jame's Coram's work is bunk.

With all Godfearing sincerity,

Nicholas A. Stivers

“Bunk” is an opinion. The readers will decide which theology is “bunk.”

People are having their lives transformed in a positive way by reading
HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE by James Coram. This definitely will not happen to anyone who tries to retain some of the glory for their salvation for themselves.

http://concordant.org/expohtml/HisAchievement/index.html

THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO THEOLOGIES

SELF-HELP THEOLOGY:

Attempted salvation by the works of properly cooperating with God according to your understood interpretation of what the Bible means by that.

CONCORDANT THEOLOGY:

Unfailing salvation by Jesus Christ alone Who’s Spirit causes us to properly cooperate with God according to the perfect timing of His eonian plan for each unique individual.

Two ethical opinions that are used to argue free will are:

1. “If we didn’t have free will we would be like robots.”
In answer to this claim I would like to point out that we do share something in common with robots, and that is causality. Everything we believe and do is the product of a cause, and that cause consists of the strongest influence that is being brought to bear on us at any given moment.

2. “If we didn’t have a free will, none of our choices would have moral value.”
In answer to this claim I would like to say that this argument is rendered irrelevant by the stubborn fact that we always, without exception, choose in the direction of the strongest influence, every time, even though there may be other influences that are almost just as strong. It is absolutely impossible to choose what we do not prefer. We always, without exception, choose in the direction of the strongest influence, every time.

Neither the "value" nor the "reality" of "morality" is changed by the presence of causality. Neither is love nor "personhood" diminished by causality.